17 - Eric [Edited✅]

I sat up that night, waiting for him to come back. Waiting so that I can say I'm sorry.

It's past two in the morning and my eyes are droopy. Finally and unwillingly, my eyes shut close and I fall asleep on the floor.

°°°

I open my eyes with a painful groan and and squint at the blurry sight in front of me.

"Eric?" I ask softly and hopefully. All my hope dies when I see that it's only Patricia.

"Sorry dear, its me." she says softly.

I smile lightly and stand up, "Oh. Good morning Patricia."

"It doesn't seem like a good morning to me." she tells me as I brush my teeth.

I rinse my mouth. "Why do you say that?" I ask, wincing in pain as I bend to spit the water out.

"Well you look like you've been crying. Is it Mr Foster? Did he doing anything to you?" she asks. She hands me my cereal.

I take it mindlessly when she mentions Eric. He has done nothing but help me.

"No. No it's not Eric. Where is he by the way?" I ask.

She stands up and turns away, "That my dear, I cannot tell you."

Then she leaves. What is that supposed to mean? She doesn't know where he is or she doesn't want to tell me?

I groan and fall on my back. After I eat and drink my tablets, I take a short shower and change into a clean t-shirt.

After a few hours of doing absolutely nothing, I found myself standing in front of the door. It separates me from the hallway and this room.

I've never thought of trying to open it before. I've never even considered escaping. But I mean...exploring a bit won't harm anyone. Right?

I open the door slowly and look up, surprised that it's actually unlocked.

Not only that, a loud scream escapes my mouth at the blond that's standing in front of me. I slam the door in his face.

Maybe I'm hallucinating. I turn around and walk back and forth. Maybe it's not such a good idea to leave this room.

I turn around again and now I'm face to face with him. My hand involuntarily collides with his beautiful face.

"Owww! What the fuck!?" he shouts in agony.

"I'm so sorry." I reach to touch his face but then I reconsider. "Who are you and what are you doing here?"

He steps back looking surprised, "Excuse me, but who are you and what are you doing in Eric's room?"

"This is no-" I stop, looking very confused and surprised, "Wait... Did you just say Eric's room?"

"Yeah, Eric's room." he nods.

I give him a dry laugh. No wonder the clothes smells like him. This is his room, his clothing and his bathroom. Everything here is his.

I'm so stupid. Even the room is his. So fucking stupid and selfish.

That makes my eyes water. After everything I blame him. I was so wrong.

I fall to my knees accidentally and wince when I feel the pain in my stomach where the cut is.

"Hey, are you okay?" the blond asks.

"No I'm not okay." I sob.

He stutters, struggling what to say. I guess he isn't really good with crying girls.

"Okay, come on. Let me help you up." he settles. He helps me up on the bed and I face him sitting cross-legged.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" he asks, handing me a tissue.

I take it but just hold it in my hands as I sob, "I'm so stupid." I sniff. "So fucking stupid."

"Does this have something go do with Eric? If you're one of his sluts, I'm not going to sit here an-" I stop him right there with a slap across his face.

"I am not a slut nor did I ever sleep with Eric. You piece of shit." I shout at him.

He looks at me with wide eyes, "OK, never tell a crying girl something she doesn't want to hear." he mutters then he turns to me, "OK. I apologise. Do you want to tell me what's wrong...or should I just leave?" he asks.

I look down at my open thighs. Soon I feel the dip in the bed disappear and see him walking towards the door.

Me telling a complete stranger - who might I add is very good looking and can and might be someone I'm not supposed to talk to- is a bad idea. But I do it anyway.

"About two and a half weeks ago, Eric was at my home when I got there from work. He was holding my mother at gunpoint." I sniff and look up to blondy. He turns around and slowly makes his way back to the bed. I continue... "Apparently he was supposed to kill her because she didn't pay him 'his shit'. But he didn't."

"Wait, you're saying he didn't kill her?" blondy asks. I nod to him in reply. He looks surprised.

"I made a deal with him that I live here for three months as his prisoner willingly. He agreed and I ended up here. What I didn't tell him was that I was dying." a strangled sob escapes my mouth and I hold it.

Blondy hugs me from the side and I actually don't care about the pain.

He rubs my back as I continue."I was diagnosed with sepsis. It was cured but after mum started using drugs, money got scarce and my sepsis came back. I couldn't treat it. My kidney got damaged and the doctor told me that if I don't find a replacement in a certain period of time, I'll die. I accepted it. But then Eric came along. He wasn't supposed to... "

" But he did. And he changed everything for you." blondy finishes off my sentence. I nod.

"When I first got here, he handed me over to some guy to take me to the east side. From there I got moved to the west and I guess I would've stayed there if it weren't for that bombing." I look down ashamed at what I'm saying. At what I've done.

"Bombing?" he asks curiously.

"Yeah, there were some people here for me and they didn't get what they wanted. So they blew up an important quarter of this house. The thing is though, Eric knows that that bombing was my fault, and yet he looked after me so well." I sniff and look into the guy's Hazel orbs.

"Then he moved you here?" he asks.

I nod, "He moved me to this room. Said I could stay here. He didn't tell me that this was his room. He got me a kidney replacement too."

"He did all that for you?" I nod, "Wow. He must really like you a lot." he mutters but I ignore that silly statement.

"I've been wearing his clothes, using his bed, bathroom and his room, his whole freaking house. I shouted at him, blamed him and told him everything is his fault. Only... It wasn't. And that's what makes me such a bitch. I'm so stupid." blondy holds me again and I cry in his arms.

And all I think about is Eric.