18 - Mind [Edited✅]

The following day, I'm pacing around the room. I don't know if it was imaginary but I think yesterday I met a blond guy then fell asleep in his arms.

I take a seat on the bed and wait for Patricia to come. It's around lunch time and I want to ask her about him. Because if I remember clearly, and I do, I told him some things. Some things that weren't supposed to be spoken of.

I'm so soaked up with the fact that I owe an apology to Eric that I start thinking... Why did he do all those things for me?

The door opens and instead of Patricia entering, it's blondy, with my lunch.

I frown and stand up.

"Afternoon." he greets.

"HI." I say slowly. "And you are....?"

He puts the tray down on the bed and smiles at me, "Right. I am Vincent. Call me what you want."

"Well Vincent Call Me What You Want, about last night... You cannot tell Eric about any of that." I say with my arms folded across my chest.

"Oh? I already did." he says coolly.

My eyes widen, "You what?!"

He puts his hands out in front of him and laughs, "Chill, dude. I didn't tell Eric anything."

I glare at him, "That was funny, really." I say sarcastically. He is such a prick.

"So how are you feeling after last night?" he asks me.

I take some time to answer him because I don't really know how to answer. So, I take a seat on the bed and start eating.

"What? You're a therapist now?" I ask sarcastically.

I gives me a dry look.

Finally when I have an answer, I shrug, "I don't know actually. All I want is for Eric to come back so that I can apologise."

"Are you sure you only want him to come back so that you can apologise?" I eye him skeptically, "You don't miss him... Perhaps?"

I give him a dry look, "Look, Vincent, if you're implying that I like him as more than whatever we are which is even less than acquaintances, you are dead wrong."

His shoulders bounce, "Whatever you say... Wait, what's your name now again?"

I roll my eyes, "Nikita."

"Oh." he says, surprise on his face for a split second.

"Why do you say it like that?" I ask him popping a grape on my mouth.

"No reason." he shrugs it off.

"Do you know where Eric is?" I ask him out of curiosity.

"Yeah, he went to New York for some conference."

I frown, "Conference?"

"Yeah, he owns some business."

"So you're saying that not only is he some mafia leader but he's a businessman too?" I look at him surprised.

"Yup. Most of his money is legal."

"Isn't that news?" I ask rhetorically, "Are you in his gang?"

"No. I'm just a really close friend."

"Oh." I nod, "When is he coming back?" I ask.

"Next week or the week after. Who knows?"

I look down, my mood dying. I'd hoped it'd be earlier.