44 - Bill [Edited✅]

***

I feel like dying. No, I want to kill myself. I'd rather kill myself in the most painful way possible than sit in this misery.

While Kate sits next to me laughing and giggling about everything Harry says, I'm sitting here listening to this weirdo talk about his 7 cats.

"Nikita! Are you listening?" he asks me.

I snap out of my daze, "Yeah, yeah. And then your bird flew away." I quote from where he left off last.

"I was actually talking about my pet crocodile." he says slowly.

"You have a pet crocodile?" I ask, looking at him as if he's not normal.

"I need to use the restroom. Excuse me." I say, excusing myself to the restroom.

I don't even need to pee. I just need a break from Peter 'the animal lover'.

I roll my eyes at the thought of him. I exit the room then make my way back to our table. As I walk my heel buckles, making me fall sideways. And thank God someone saved me the embarrassment by catching me.

"Thank you." I say, looking up to meet his eyes. That same hazel eyes who caught me before.

"What are you doing here?!" I whisper shout at him. And why is he always showing up everywhere?

Carter steps back. His eyes roam over every part of my body, as if he's imagining us doing things.

I snap my fingers in front of his face, "Hey! I asked you a question."

He looks up to meet my eyes, "What am I doing here? What the hell are you doing here?" he asks me.

"I'll answer your question when you answer mine." I tell him through my teeth.

Him showing up everywhere is just upsetting me and I don't know why.

"I own the place, obviously I'm going to pop in and out." he says coolly.

My eyes bulge out of its sockets, "You own a 6 star restaurant?!" I almost shout.

He looks down at me, "Yeah. Now what the hell are you doing here?" he asks me.

I still can't wrap my head around the fact that he owns this restaurant and a club. He must be stinking rich.

"Wow. Umm... I'm actually here on a double date." I say, stepping back, "And I really need to get back to it."

He reaches out to touch me but pulls back, he smirks, "Alright. Enjoy your evening."

I nod once then turn around, getting back to my 'date'. There's just something about that smirk he gave...

I clear my throat as I sit down. Kate looks at me weirdly, "Are you okay?" she asks me.

"Yeah, why?"

"Because you took like 15 minutes in the bathroom."she says.

I shake my head,"I'm fine. Let's order shall we?"

Just then, a waiter comes over to take our orders.

"Can I get you guys anything to start the evening off with?" he asks. Wait a minute...that voice sounds familiar.

I look up at him. My eyes widen. What is he doing!? I look at him hoping that my eye gesture for him to go away works.

It doesn't.

"A bottle of your finest champagne." Kate says, smiling excitedly.

"Oh, if you don't mind me asking, what are you celebrating tonight?" he asks, locking eyes with me.