13 - Care[Edited✅]

ERIC POV

The doctor rushes in the room and I face him.

"I'm here sir." the doc says.

Robert enters the room too since he escorted the doctor here, "This is Dr Benson sir."

I roll my eyes, "Whatever. I just need you to help her." I gesture my hand to Nikita laying on the bed.

"What happened to her?" Robert asks.

"Robert, if you're suggesting that I did anything to her, think again. She fainted." i turn back to the doctor.

"Then she should just wake up any minute now. It's nothing big." he shrugs like this situation isn't important.

"It's not nothing big. What about the dizziness, uh...hallucinations and the puking. I saw her puking up blood. That is not 'nothing big'!!" I shout at him. I'm just so frustrated.

Benson is clearly scared shitless.

"Just help her!" I shout at him again, causing him to walk over to Nikita.

He does a whole lot of things I don't know about then turns to me, "I'm going to need to do a thorough check up on her and that can only be done at a hospital."

"No." i say almost immediately, "You can bring everything here. I'll pay for it."

"That is near to impossible sir." Benson trembles.

"Don't fuck with me Benson. It will be done right here."

"Sir perhaps it's best if she goes to a hospital." Robert says from behind me.

"No Robert. Here and here now. Where I can keep an eye on her."

"Alright." he sighs, "Doc, get your shit over here and make it quick."

Benson nods and leaves the room.

"What the hell man?" Robert immediately snaps at me.

I turn to him and fold my arms over my chest.

"What is with you, man? You're only this frustrated over work. This girl is getting to your head."

I shake my head in denial, "I don't know what you're talking about. I just need her to live."

"Whatever man. You gotta come down. We're going after Hudson now." he says and leaves me staring at the pale girl in front of me.

"Y-yeah." i say when he's gone. Robert is right. I'm letting her get in my head.

I run a slow finger down her cheek then leave.

***

I can't think straight. I couldn't even put a bullet straight through Hudson's head. It was embarrassing.

He's dead anyway. And that's what matters. As soon as I arrived back at the mansion, I go straight to my room where the doctor was. He was writing in his book.

"What's wrong with her?" I ask.

He jolts up, "Well sir, its pretty bad."

"What is that supposed to mean Benson?" i start pacing.

"She must've suffered a severe sepsis sir. It was cured but then it came back, her left kidney is damaged sir." he rushes out.

"Sepsis?" I ask confused. What the hell is sepsis?

"Its a health problem caused by her body's reaction to an infection. When her body fought back the infection it released chemicals into her bloodstream to kill the harmful bacteria. She must've suffered low blood pressure because she was very weak. In her case, it was cured once with the antibiotics but when it came back the second time, she didn't treat it. "he explains.

"So she's going to die? "I ask. And to be honest, I'm scared to hear the answer.

"Not necessarily, no. Treatment should start within the first hour of diagnosis to reduce the risk of serious complications or death."

"So what the hell are you waiting for?" I shout at him making jump.

"It's more complicated than that sir. Because she didn't start the treatment within the first hour of diagnosis, her left kidney was damaged. It's dead. That's why she's been puking blood. She's weak. Dying. And unless we operate in the next 24 hours, she's gone for good." she's dying.

"You have to do something." I whisper to him, too afraid that my voice will come out as a plead, a beg.

"Without a donor, there's no hope." he lifts his shoulders.

"Well find a donor for her. I don't care if my men has to drive you to every fucking hospital. Get it and help her." I say then leave.

I give orders to Robert and he leaves.

I go back to my room and sit on the bed next to her. She looks like an angel with her blonde hair spread out and her pale face.

I frown at the fact that I might just lose her tonight. And I can't. I care too much.

I care. I care. I care.

I care for her.