15 - Hell[Edited✅]

I straighten my tie and run a hand through my hair for the last time. I notice the slight stubble on my face and frown. I shake my head at that then put in my lip ring and a few other rings on my fingers.

After that, I feel like I'm ready for the meeting. I go downstairs and no one dares to stare or even ask me about what happened two nights ago.

I go to my media room where the screen is on. I watch as Vincent disgustingly stuffs his mouth with cereal.

"Seriously? You couldn't do this before the meeting?" I scrunch my face in disgust.

He smiles widely at me, "My man! Hey. How are you?"

I grunt at his happiness and eagerness to start and continue with this horrible day.

"Let's just get to the meeting shall we?" I tell him. I urgently want this meeting to end so that I can go and see Nikita.

After about an hour, we settle everything, "So you gotta come here in a few days, maybe tomorrow or the day after. Don't be surprised if I'm not here."

He nods, "Cool man. I'll see you around then." then the screen goes blank.

I exit the room then go up the stairs. I might seem like I'm not a very busy man but that's only because I'm focused on Nikita. Otherwise, I'm really busy.

It's very unusual for a mafia leader to have such emotions and feelings. But seeing Nikita alive and well is one of my few most important priorities.

I barely know her and that's why I want to make time to get to know her. She intrigues me, the curiosity lures me into her.

I open the room and step in. Everything is clean and neat and now my room actually looks like my room.

I frown, "Whats going on?"

Doctor Benson turns around with a smile, "Good morning sir. You'll be pleased to know that everything went smoothly. She should wake up in a few hours."

I stop the smile from forming and look at her, "So she's going to be alright?"

He nods, "Yes. After she wakes up, she's going to have to go on meds and in about a week she'll be alright. Of course her wound won't be healed completely but she'll be alright."

I nod at that, "Thank you so much. You're excused until next time. The money will be transferred."

He bows his head as a sign of thanks then leaves. A smile breaks out on my face when he leaves and I walk to her side.

Her hands are still cold but her face is warm. I sit there and rest my head on her hand.

I get a notification on my phone and groan. Those idiots are disturbing me when I don't need it. I open the message anyway.

My eyes almost bulge out of its sockets when I see what's written on the screen.

Almost $100 000 was just transferred into my account. With Nikita's name on it. But how? She's...here.

It's not a lot compared to what I have but I'm surprised that half of the amount is paid off.

My eyes lift to her face and I recall the phone call that she made the day she passed out. She transferred her savings to my name. She knew...

She knew she was about to die and she said nothing! I stand up furiously, then leave.

I get downstairs glaring at everyone. I go outside then slam the door shut hard. I get into my car then speed off.

How could she?

°°°

About four hours later I'm back at the mansion.

I've tried everything and I mean everything - Racing, gambling, and even sex -but I couldn't get her out of my mind. All I was thinking was 'Is she awake?'

When I open the door, Robert meets me first, "Where were you man?"

"What does that have to do with you?" I glare at him.

He raises his hands up in defense then backs away from me.

I rip my tie off and shove it in one of the maid's hands that walked past me.

I go straight to my original room and the first thing I look at is Nikita.

Her legs are against her chest and she's sitting up straight... crying.

I shut the door and that's only when she notices me. Her face is red and she sniffs, "How could you?"

My insides churn.

NIKITA

"How could you Eric? No one gave you the right to do this." I say. I don't shout, nor do I sound angry. I feel broken and sad. "This is my life."

"What was I supposed to do? Just let you die in my arms? Watch you die in my arms?" he speaks. His voice is softer now. I feel like melting. But I also feel broken, betrayed.

"Yes!" I exclaim, "I didn't want to live. I don't want to live, Eric!" I shout. I let my legs dangle off the edge of the bed, facing him.

I notice how he steps forward, "You knew. You knew that you were going to die, that is why you made this stupid deal. Isn't it?" he asks. He uses a demanding tone.

I shake my head frowning, "Do not blame this on me. I did not know that I was going to die today or a few days ago. And that deal I made with you, it wasn't because I knew that I'd die here, I did it for my mother. "

"But you knew when you asked me to make that phone call." he steps forward a little more until he's about three feet away from me. "Didn't you?!"

I flail my arms, "Fine! I knew then but so what? It's not like you care anyway. You were supposed to dump me in some river or bury me somewhere around your mansion. Not find me a donor! For God's sake Eric."

He steps between my legs and I allow it. He raises my head so that he is able to look into my watery eyes,"Is that what you think of me?" he ask, his voice turning emotionless. Of course not. But I don't tell him that.

I looks down, sniffing.

But he pushes my chin back up, "Is it?" he pushes the question.

"That's not the point I'm making." I say, my voice shaking, just the thought of it makes my tears fall again. It makes me want to hit something so I hit him. I hit him on his chest as hard as I can which isn't very hard. But it helps.

"You stupid stupid asshole. I'm supposed to be dead. You can't just d-do thi-i-is." I stop hitting him unconsciously and cry on his chest.

His scent turns my brain foggy and soon I feel myself growing tired.

Darkness covers my eyes as I drift into my slumber. But one question arises.

How do I get out of this hell now?