16 - Apologise[Edited✅]

My eyes flutter open when I feel someone shake me. I turn to the person and smile when I see Patricia.

"Good morning dear." she smiles.

"Morning Patricia." I greet back and try sitting up.

"I brought you some breakfast, and your new medication. Mr Foster gave this pair of leggings." my smile disappears slightly when I hear about Eric.

"Thanks Patricia. I'll just go shower." I gesture to the door that leads to the bathroom.

That's usually a sign telling the person to go away. She leaves the room and I sigh, looking at the healthy oats cereal and my tablets.

I climb in the shower and hiss when the water skims over my my fresh cut. Tears sting my eyes when I think about it.

Why did he do it? Why did he save my life? Should I thank him for it? No because I wanted to die.

But if I died then he would have killed mother. Or would he have?

I turn the tap off and look at myself in the mirror when I get out. The ugly scar on me will be a constant reminder as to what happened here.

I put on the clean underwear and the leggings. She didn't give me a sweater so I put on the t-shirt that smells of Eric for some reason.

I open the curtains and windows for fresh air then eat my food. I didn't get nauseated but my appetite was spoilt.

I just feel so empty. Patricia fetches the bowl soon then leaves again.

I'm so fucking bored. I paced around the room until lunch came by, then I paced again until dinner came by.

I took a short nap until it was sunset time.

I'm sitting on the bed, crossed legged and watching the sunset. It's so beautiful.

Imagine a world without buildings, infrastructure, vehicles, imagine there were only trees, grass, plants, the sky, the sun and the moon. Wouldn't the world be a better place?

Wouldn't it be more quiet, calm and peaceful? I see myself as the buildings. Standing in the way of something so great.

Before my train of thought could completely take off, the door opens. I don't even bother to look who it is because his scent naturally fills the room.

"How are you feeling?" he asks.

I scoff, "Why bother asking if you don't really care?"

"Hey, I'm just asking. There is no need for the sass. I am the one who had that kidney put in you." he says.

"I didn't ask you to do anything for me." I say softly.

"You know, the least you could do is thank me." I look at him.

"Thank you?" I stand up, "You want me to thank you? For what? Ruining my life? Everything was fine for me before you stepped into my life. I was satisfied with what I had. And then my life just fell into a pit of despair when I met you. Should I thank you for that?"

He shakes his head, glaring at me,"Your mother is at fault here so don't you blame me. All I ever did since after that bombing was try and make you comfortable! Putting you first before my own gang, my family!" he shouts, panting.

My eyes widen. Now that I think about it, he's right. Look where I'm living as prisoner, look at what I'm eating, look at how comfortable I am.

I look up at him stunned,"Eric I-"

He raises his hand, "Save it. I should've expected this in the first place." he turns around then leaves.

His scent stays behind. I fall to my knees and rest in the cat pose as I cry in my arms.

I am so stupid. So emotional. So naive.

How could I be so selfish? I should've thanked him. Not shout at him for giving me another chance at life.

I am such a horrible person. He speaks softly to me, not harsh like to the others, he actually gives me a chance to speak and request for things. I mean who gives their prisoner a chance to make a phone call or treats them like they're a queen by giving them luxurious rooms?

No one.

But Eric.

I have to apologise.