56 - Propose [Edited✅]

***

It's officially been a year the Carter and I were dating. And to say I'm happy would be an understatement.

Mum and I are closer than ever. I am now a teacher at a high school, hopefully one day a professor at a university.

I earn enough a salary to help the people from my hometown get back on their feet.

Today was a Saturday and Kate, James, Carter and I were at the beach.

The sun was setting and people were starting to go home. But not us. We want to stay until the stars are in the sky.

Kate stands next to me, James and Carter smiling our way.

Suddenly, he goes down on his knee. My eyes widen in surprise. I did not see this coming.

"Will you marry me?" he asks.

Kate jumps up on excitement, screaming, "Yes! Yes! Yes!"

I laugh at their happiness and watch as James puts the ring on her finger.

Carter walks over to me, popping the champagne.

"Congratulations!" I hug Kate, "I'm so happy for you."

"I know, right? Isn't it beautiful?" she shows me the rock on her finger.

Carter hands us our drinks.

"Thank you." I say. We all raise our glasses, "To happiness." Carter says.

"To health." James says, raising his glass against his brother's.

"And wealth." Kate adds, raising her glass.

I smile, raising mine to meet theirs, "And most importantly, to love. Forever lasting love."

We all cheers to that and as the night passes, so does my life.

But what's important is that I spent it, wisely.

Making good friends, fixing the bid with my mother, looking up to the stars each night for my father and talking to the moon because it reminds me Eric.

And most importantly, I get to live my life with Carter. That's the only thing that went right for me from the beginning.

And I hope it stays this way forever and ever after.

***

I got you guys on this chapter.

Please vote, share and comment.