21 - Hurry Up [Edited✅]

I cried myself to sleep that night. I waited for Eric to come back to the room and say that he's sorry. But I depend too much on others. I'm so naive.

Vincent even left. I'm supposed to be happy that Eric is back. Not sad and crying.

I sit on the made up bed the following morning, staring off into oblivion. I could leave the room and go see Eric again. But then I might lose my tongue again.

I roll my eyes and throw myself on the bed, deciding that I'd drown in Eric's clothes and the scent of it than actually get killed by him.

***

Third persons POV

Vincent steps into Eric's office. They shake hands like friends who haven't seen each other since forever which is kind of a fact.

Eric takes a seat on his plush black leather seat, "So, what's going on?"

"You tell me." Vincent takes a seat and stares at Eric.

Eric raises his brows in confusion.

"Don't act dumb man. Ain't that the girl you told me to look up?" Vince refers to Nikita.

Of course. Eric rolls his eyes but in the back of his mind he wonders how she is.

"What about her?" he asks.

A smile forms on Vince's face, "You got a thing for her." he accuses.

"A thing?" he repeats, "That's ridiculous. She's just a girl."

"A sorry girl."

"What are you on about now?" Eric sighs frustratedly. He hates it when people speaks to him in riddles.

"She told me what happened, dude. She judged you. You got upset. She blamed you. You got upset and then you left."

Eric grits his teeth recalling the memory, "I left for a three week conference in New York-"

Vincent cuts Eric off, "And yet you came back a week earlier." he says a bit louder than he should've.

"Your point Vincent?" Eric seethes.

"You like her. A lot. And don't even try to deny it."

"Well that's sad for myself," he says sarcastically, "And even if I did like her, I wouldn't want a girl who would think so low of me. And has the audacity to blame me for all the shit that happened in her life. So yes, Vince, I'm going to deny the fact that I like and want her. End of story. I don't care." he pants.

"You are..." his amused friend pauses, then continues, "... an idiot for letting that girl go. Even though she never really was yours," Vince says, and he's serious alright. Eric knows that, "Everyday since you left, she cried, feeling so sorry and angry at herself for saying those things. She waited for you to come back. So that she can say she's sorry. She could've left too."

Eric looks up at his friend, "Left?"

"Her ex came to rescue her." Vince says cooly waiting for Eric to blow up. And it happened...

"And you didn't tell me?! Someone broke into my house, and tried to take my g- You know what, how did they get in?" Eric shouts, almost saying something he'd soon regret.

"And tried to take your girl? Yeah he did." Vince confirms, "She had a choice to leave with him. But she stayed for you. They came in through the tunnel but Nikita and I changed the locks, the area codes and literally everything. The point is that she needs you as much as you need her. And you need her as much as she needs you. Dude, she sees something in you that no one else, not even me, can see in you. I don't even know what it is. Of course you don't care. That's why you saved her life. Twice. That's why you gave her your room, treated her like she's the queen when she was only supposed to be your prisoner. You've got something good here, something precious. She's a gem, she's like the last of the most precious gem there is. You need to treasure her. Otherwise you'll lose that too. "