41 - Club Carter [Edited✅]

***

After leaving home and finding an apartment to share with someone, I immediately thought of Abigail.

I remember Eric let her go. I looked for her on social media but couldn't find her. I decided to continue searching later.

Right now, what's most important is that I get my degree in teaching, and that I get my life back together again.

I've only done three years and I have three mores to go. I'm prepared for it.

Kaitlyn and Jessica were so happy to see me. Both of them scolding me out for being away for so long.

I haven't told them the story yet and thank God they didn't pester me about it as much as I'd imagined they would.

I'm actually sharing an apartment with Kate which is pretty comfortable.

Jess left to London with Adam. They got together while I was away. Thank God I didn't have to face him.

Getting accepted in a university wasn't difficult either.

Considering my grades in school were always perfect and my previous university grades. I started classes about two weeks ago and it feels good to be back in school.

"Come on Nikki. You have to get out of the house." Kate begs me, trying to pull my leg.

"Firstly, it's an apartment. And secondly I don't have to if I don't want to." I rectify her, continuing my reading.

"Enough with the technicalities." she sighs, laying down in front of me. She presses the book down on the floor, looking in my eyes, "And besides. You owe me. Ever since you got you got back from wherever the hell you were, you aren't the same as before. Then again, I don't really know the party animal inside you since you were always taking care of your mom. But she's sober now and you still don't want to party."

She looks away with serious sadness.

I sigh. I know she's right."Fine." I give in, "Doll me up, because tonight we're gonna crash whatever party we find."

She squeals, rushing me into a shower.

After make up, hair do's and dresses, I'm finally done. I take a look at myself in the floor length mirror. She chose like a really slutty dress.

It's black, with spaghetti straps. The neckline is so wide apart from each other that it shows just enough cleavage to make any man stare. It stops almost three inches below my butt, making my tanned legs seem longer.

She tied my long hair into a ponytail, curling it. The dark make up around my eyes make me seem mysterious and the bold red on my lips confident. I like it.

After what I've been through, I deserve this.

"You look confident." Kate tells me.

"Confident." I stand up straight, putting my bust and chin out.

"You look mysteriously sexy." she says again.

"Mysteriously sexy." I mimic, squinting my eyes at the door.

Kate laughs, "You're crazy. Let's get out of here."

***

The club is so packed, I can't even hear myself. I lost Kate in the crowd.

I make my way to the bar. The bartender turns around, about to ask me what I want to drink but when she sees my face, glee is the only way I can describe her expression.