12 - What Is Happening? [Edited✅]

***

I snuggle deeper into the hard yet comfortable surface. I shut my closed eyes tighter, the sun is in my eyes. Did I not close the curtains last night?

I open my eyes slowly so that I can adjust to the light without having my eyes get hurt. I sit up straight or at least I try to but there's something stopping me.

I put my left hand on the lower part of my back and feel a hand. My eyes widen as I look up. Eric. What am I doing on top of him?

He's sitting on a chair and we're outside on the balcony. I'm on his lap. What the hell am I doing on his lap? I try getting off of him but it's to no avail.

I poke his chest, "Eric. Eric! Wake up!" he groans and closes his eyes tighter.

Suddenly I feel a sharp pain right through my side,near my back. I stop poking him and rest my head on his chest so that I can catch my breath. He does have a heart. I hear it beating in a slow rhythm and his chest rising up and down is kind of soothing. He smells good too.

The pain grows more and I feel bile rise up my throat. This time I slap his chest hard, "Eric. Get up!" his eyes snap open and he looks alarmed until he sees me.

He doesn't look surprised to see me on him though. I immediately jump up and run to the bathroom.

I throw up in the basin and put all my hair to the side, shielding my face from his view.

"Nicki? Are you okay?" he asks. I just noticed that his morning voice is so hot.

"I'm fine. Just don't come in." i croak then puke again. After that I rinse my mouth, brush my teeth then face him. "I'm fine."

He frowns at me, "You know, this happened last night too. You were kind out of it."

That's why I can't remember anything of last night.

I start to feel dizzy again but I mask it and the pain the comes from my side, "I'm okay. I just need to sit down for a while."

I go back to the made up bed and catch my breath. Then I close my eyes and try hard to think of last night.

I don't remember, except a tiny detail.

I turn to Eric just as he takes a seat on the bed, "Hey, what did we speak about last night?"

"Why do you want to know?"

"Please." i plead.

"OK. You thought the floor was a whirl pool, I took you outside, you commented on how amazing I look and how 'bland' you look." he puts quotations around the word bland.

Oh yes. I remember it all now.

"And the part where we spoke spoke about the stars, right?"

"Yeah." he confirms. I decide that it's best if I leave the part where he called me love out.

I lay on my back, "Hey Eric.... Where are all the other girls sleeping?" I ask trying my best to change the subject.

"In rooms." he answers as if it's the most obvious thing.

"Are they comfortable?" I ask.

"What does that matter?" he asks.

I gasp, "It does. I'm starting to rethink the fact that you're human."

He chuckles, "Yes they are comfortable."

I sit up and nod slowly.

"I have to go." he suddenly says and stands up. Then he goes to the door and leaves without a second glance. No goodbye or see you later.