27 - Insult [Edited✅]

It's like he's screaming and no one could hear. I only understand now, how much I needed him. The both of us were broken and I can't say who needed the most saving.

But slowly the seasons around me changed. I got comfortable. And slowly I felt myself molding my broken pieces to his. We became one.

And I realised, perhaps my summer, my happy, came when stepped into my home and held that gun to mum's head.

It's that feeling when your heart races, and you feel like you're floating. You know?

The way he touches me, even if it's a poke, the way he looks at me, even if it's a scowl, the way he talks to me, even if it's shouting, the way he teases me, even if it's just him breathing down my neck, it drives me crazy. Insanity takes over. And I feel like screaming.

I'm not really sure how to feel about him.

But when I stand in this expensive 6 star hotel room, with all its breath taking, expensive ornaments, furniture, even the floor, the only thing I can focus on is him. Standing on the other side of the room, looking focused as he discusses this heist with Ben and Vince.

He is so beautiful. Eric. My Eric. Oh look at me. I turn around and go to the kitchen thinking of the time when I couldn't stand men and their disgusting behaviour.

But Eric is different. He is a beast at times but still a gentleman. I get irritated by him at times but it just draws him more to me.

I grab a water bottle then go to the room. I can't believe Eric signed himself in this expensive hotel. Actually I can believe it because he is no cheap person but damn. This is the most expensive I have ever seen.

Of course it fazed me. This hotel ranges from hundred thousands to millions. And there are four of us.

I take a shower then throw on one of Eric's shirts. Yes I have my own clothing but I like wearing his comfy, great smelling clothing.

I move out of the room and sit on the couch.

"I'm bored." I say, grabbing their attention.

They are sitting around a coffee table talking about this heist. I don't even care about that.

Sure it's wrong what they're doing but I mean, I don't object to it since it is what dad used to do.

I lay on the floor looking at the map on the table. I should be tired since it's like 5 in the morning. But I'm not.

I listen to Ben and Vince argue. Eric just sits there, looking at the map. But he seems to be looking way past the map. He's here but not here. He seems as if he's drifting further away. I don't know what he's thinking about. But it seems to bother him.

I frown at his expression. My legs move toward him. I can't help but miss the feeling of him touching me.

I sit down on the armrest next to him, dragging his attention to me.

He makes a clicking sound with his tongue and pulls me by my waist. My head rests on his shoulder and my legs are thrown over the armrest.

"What are you thinking about?" I ask.

"Nothing much." he replies.

"Liar." I whisper. The soft waves of my hair falls over my shoulder.

"I'm thinking about this heist." he sighs.

"What? The great Eric Foster is afraid that his plan won't work out the way it should?" I can't help but smile at the thought of Eric being lost and worried and afraid. It's nice to imagine him being vulnerable.

"No." he denied, "I'm just, thinking of all the things that could go wrong."

"This guy is really getting to your head, huh?"

"This is just really important and these two aren't giving me results." he gestures to Ben and Vince who have now stopped arguing since they heard their names.

"Yes we are." Vince says, feigning offense.

"Yeah," Ben adds, "Of course you wouldn't notice because you're busy getting cosy with your girlfriend."

My eyes widen and a deep red cover my face. I look away and shift in my seat which is Eric.

I hear Eric chuckle. It sends a chill through me.

"Let's ask the girls opinion." Vince suggests.

"My opinion on what?" I ask, genuinely curious.

"So there's this huge party tomorrow evening and that is when the heist is taking place for very good reason. So, we have to get over here," he gestures on the map, "Where the money is. How do we get here? Ben says we go over the building, whereas I think it's best to go under." Vince smiles proudly at his idea, "Which one of our suggestions are the best?" he asks.

"Yeah. What is your opinion on this?" Eric asks.

"Do you guys want my honest opinion?" I ask.

"Completely." they nod.

I nod slowly, "I think that both of your ideas are stupid."

They gasp and their mouths stand agape. "Then tell us, fair lady, how do we get in?" Ben forces those words out of his mouth. He never liked anyone implying that he is stupid or dumb.

"I actually do have a plan since daddy used to do this for a living." I smile fakely at him. He scowls.

"What did your dad do for a living?" Vince asks. I hadn't even realised that I spoke about him.

I lose my smile and shake my head, "Nothing." then I smile, changing the subject, "My opinion. The easiest way is to go through the party. Since this guy is going to be entertaining the guests, there'll be no one upstairs. It's plain logic."

"Yeah. I think you're forgetting the part about security guards. Identity checks. It's big businesses of the big people." Vince says as if I'm stupid.

I don't take well to insults, "Yeah, well who's going to dig a mine to rob some guy? And tell me, who's going to be flying the noisy helicopter to drop and pick you guys up when you're done robbing this guy from all his money?" I ask sarcastically.

"Who is this guy anyway?" I ask and reach over to get the bottled water.

Vincent shrugs, "Some Italian, Thomas Banderas."

My eyes widen when I hear the name, I lose balance and fall off of Eric. Hurting my butt. I don't focus on the pain. I focus on what I've heard.

I sit up. There's this zinging sound. My vision blurs. I hear shouting then I see it. All over again.

Talking. Begging. Crying. Tears. Gunshots.

I feel someone shake me, "Nikita? Are you alright?" Vince.

I look at him then slowly reply, "Yeah, I'm fine. I just need some water."

I open the bottle with shaky hands then drink some.

When I finally regained all my consciousness, I speak, "Thomas Banderas, Ben?"

Ben looks away, he is ashamed. He is sorry. "You won't understand Poky. It's too complicated."

"What has he done to you?" I ask.

"Are you going to kill him?" I ask, looking at Vince, Eric and Ben.

"If we have to, yes." Vince says coolly, earning a punch from Ben.

Ben knows how much it hurts, to speak about this man.

"Man, what the fuck?!" Vince whines.

"Can you shut the fuck up!?" Ben shouts at him.

"She would've found out sooner or later." Vince mumbles.

"Yeah I would've. Why didn't you tell me Ben?  Don't answer that question. If you do end up killing him...." I start off, my heart racing at what I imagine myself doing to him if I ever lay my eyes on him.

"What are you saying Nikita?" Benjamin asks. He never uses my first name.

"Don't miss." I end off.

*********