50 - Surprise [Edited✅]

***

2 months later

"Carter, I'm late!" I shout at him from our room.

"I know. You're the one taking so long." he replies to me from the door.

"I know." I say, coming out and walking to the front door. "I can't help it. I'm nervous."

"Hey. You studied hard for this. You'll get through it." he reassures me but I think he's just saying that so that we can leave the house already.

I roll my eyes, stepping out of the house and getting into the car.

It's been two months since I moved in with Carter and three months since I've been dating him.

But just because I'm dating him doesn't mean that he's my boyfriend. I keep wondering when he's going to ask me but he never does. And yes, it's a big deal.

I really like him and he really likes me so what's stopping him from committing himself to me?

I also started writing my finals since the beginning of this month and today I'm righting my last paper.

My heart beats in nervousness when Carter stops the car in front of the University.

He gets out and so do I. He leans against his car door. I walk over to him, "I'm nervous." I tell him, fidgeting with my fingers.

He grabs both my hands, pulling me closer to him, "I have faith in you, okay? I know you'll pass."

I nod, "I'll see you tonight. Kate said she's going to fetch me and then we're going out or something like that."

He chuckles, "I heard." is all he says which makes me kind of suspicious.

In any other situation, he would've insisted that I stay home with him.

I don't say anything though. Instead I peck him on the lips then leave. Or rather I was about to but he pulled me back, smashing his lips to mine again.

My eyes flutter closed as I moan against his mouth. He turns us around so that my back is against the car his front against me.

Let me just tell you that we haven't had sex ever since the first time we had sex and I guess it was pretty hard for him since from what I've heard, he had sex at least for times a week.

And ever since he was with me, he's had no sex at all. For three months.

A round of applause for Carter Carlos Hayes.

I pull away from his mouth for some air, "Well that definitely took my nerves away." I mutter.

He chuckles, "Go kill that test."

°°°

"Oh my god Kate, you should've been there! That test was so fucking easy." I tell her excitedly.

"Yeah, this is like the hundredth time you're telling me." she says, looking away boringly.

I roll my eyes, giggling. "Hey do you know what's up with Carter?"

She tenses up, looking at me when she stops at the red robot, "Why do you ask?" she asks me.

"Whenever I tell him I'm going to your place he always says no but today when I told him, he didn't protest at all. It's just weird." I shrug my shoulders.

She looks away from me, driving again. "I don't think it's weird at all, maybe he's just giving into you."

I nod my head. It's a reasonable explanation. That afternoon, Kate took me to the mall where we got mani's and pedi's. We redid our hair and bought new dresses.