11 - Love [Edited✅]

***

This has been the most amazing day/night ever. I know the time because of the black clock on the bedside table.

I've been in the shower which is the biggest bathroom I laid my eyes on. I mean seriously? who has a transparent window as a wall and in their bathroom too!? The bath is marble and a dark shade of grey almost black. The shower has four tinted glass doors and the taps are so complicated. The rest of the bathroom is empty excluding the toilet. But it's dark and beautiful. I mean, it's not everyday that I get to watch the sunset while bathing. The window does have these weird beautiful blinds and the ceiling has these tiny chandeliers. Everything looks so expensive.

This is clearly a male's room. The decor and the clothing in the huge closet says it. I'm wearing a striped white and grey button up shirt that goes till just above my knees and my dirty blonde hair is wet.

I found white double balcony doors hidden behind curtains. I open the doors letting the fresh air come in.

Right now, I'm laying on the candy floss bed and staring at the white ceiling. I'm calling it a candy floss bed because of how soft it is.

It's like I'm living in a hotel for free. I don't even feel like I'm a prisoner.

The door opens and I sit up, staring at a beaming Patricia.

"Patricia. Hi." i smile at her and cross my legs.

"Afternoon dear. I brought you some lunch and those pain tablets." she gestures to the tray in her hands.

I smile at that, "Thank you." I say. Now that I think about it... The pain didn't come back since after my last dinner.

I take the tray from her and dig in.

"So? How'd you get Mr foster to give you this room?" she asks.

I shrug, "He just gave it to me. I didn't ask for this room in specific."

"Oh." she says and looks away from me as if in deep thought, "So he just said that you can have this room?"

I nod slowly, "Yeah, but only for the time being. I don't exactly know how long that will be." I drink the tablets quickly.

"And the clothing?" she gestures to the shirt.

"I don't know who they belong to. Is this room important somehow since you keep interrogating me?" I ask.

"Important?" she waves her hand and gives an over exaggerated laugh, "No of course not. It's no one's room, dear. Well, no one important at least." she quickly takes my tray then rush to the door.

She is so lying.

Before she can leave, I call her back and she looks at me kind of panicking. Her cheeks are turning red as if she's keeping her breath,"Will you please get me some underwear?" I look at her weirdly.

She nods quickly then she leaves. OK.

My thoughts drift to mum. How's she doing right now? What is she doing right now? How is she? Who's looking after her? I'm not supposed to care but I go back every time just to get hurt again.

I know full well that there's just time. I tried hard to get her sober so that I can spend more time with her but to no avail. Is it wrong to cross that line now and give up on her? No.

I didn't give her up then and I'm not going to do that now. How unfair is it that me being here, her being there, Jesse and Kate being where ever they are is just luck? I've never believed in things like fate. I do believe in destiny though. There's a difference.

Jesse and Kate. How are they? Aren't they worried about me? I'm too poor to have a phone so they couldn't have called. How are they even my friends? I'm a blonde.

Usually people misjudge us by thinking all blondes are bitches but I don't think I'm a bitch. At most times at least.

Then my mind drifts to what happened last night. The guy, I clearly remember as Oscar. He is half Asian, half American. He was the son of one of my father's friends. When you get mixed up with the wrong crowds you kind of stick to them forever. I guess he came back for me. Since they all looked up to my father, they somehow think that I may fit as leader for that world.

I sigh when I feel a headache coming. Bile rises up my throat. My hand immediately covers my mouth and my eyes widen as I run to the bathroom. I'm really fucking up this toilet by puking up blood and food in it.

I breath in ragged breaths and rest my forehead on the rim of the pot. When I feel like all my guts are puked out, I flush and brush my teeth with the spare tooth brush that was sealed in a closed package.

I wash my face and look at myself in the mirror. I'm still inhaling and exhaling ragged breaths.

"Nikita?" I hear Eric shout from the room.

I look back in the mirror, licking my lips and running a hand through my hair.

"I'm in here!" I shout back with a wobbly voice. Eric literally rushes through the door, looking panicky and worried?

"What are you doing?" he breaths out.

"Looking at how bland I am." I say still staring at myself in the mirror.

"Bland?" he says confusedly.

"Yeah. Bland." my voice is wobbly and I feel kind of dizzy, "Is the floor whirling?" I turn around and look at the ground and I swear, there's a whirl pool in the ground.

"Nikita? Love? are you alright?" Is that Eric?

"Of course I am." I wheeze out. "Save me." I sing and I think I'm falling forward.

I fall straight into Eric's arms, "You look like you're going to faint. Come on." he pulls me up but my legs are too weak to walk so he lifts me up bridal style and he takes me to the balcony.

He sits me on his lap and brushes my hair out of my face, "You're not bland. Anything but actually."

The fresh air fills my lungs and my brain clears a bit. I'm still in some kind of a haze though. I laugh slightly, "Seriously? If I compare myself to you, then I'd say you're way better than the guys I'd see my best friends fan over on those magazines. I think they're called Abercrombie models? Yeah that. And trust me they're so hot they could melt an ice block. You on the other hand... You're so hot you could melt Antarctica. "i laugh slightly and lean back.

"And how would you describe yourself?" he asks with a little humor in his voice.

"Me? People look at me and whisper 'Isn't that the latest addition of what walked out of the trash can?"

Eric chuckles, "You have a great sense of humour Love."

"Did you just call me Love? " I ask slightly confused at why the stars are so far.

"I think I did." he says sounding confused himself.

"Why?" I ask.

I feel him shift under me, "I don't know. It became my thing for you."

He has a thing for me?

I look up at the stars, already feeling my eyes droop, "I mean, why are the stars so far from us?" I yawn, snuggling into his breast I mean chest. He smells so good.

"I don't know love, I really don't." is all I hear before I drift into lala land.

________________________