14 - Hiding[Edited✅]

Eric

My eyes open slowly and the first thing I see is Nikita. She's laying on my bed just the way I put her. Only there is another bed and the whole room looks like a hospital ward.

I stand up and kiss her on her forehead. I never knew that an ordinary small town girl could make me feel this way. The way she looks at me, the way she touches me, it drives me crazy and I end up giving into her. Why?

I was about to call for the doc but Robert steps into the room. He is my second in command.

"Hey." he greets. I nod my head in response but keep my eyes on Nikita.

"Did they find a donor yet?" I ask, trying my best not to sound like I'm desperate.

"That's actually why I came here. They found one and they're on their way." I can't stop the sigh of relief that escapes my mouth.

She's going to be okay.

"You care about her don't you?" he says slowly. There is no use denying it.

"What do you think?" I ask rhetorically.

"You do know that this is affecting the gang,right?"

"Right now my mind is on her. Nothing can change that." I say, keeping my voice emotionless.

"She really changed everything around here. You aren't you anymore. You nee-" I cut him off right there.

"She didn't change a thing! Just let it go." I shout, not wanting to speak about it anymore.

"Of course... I just got a  notification that they're here." Robert says. In a few minutes Benson, and three other doctors are here too.

"Sir we have a donor but you need to leave for us to do the operation." the doc tells me.

I was about to say no when Robert beat me to it and dragged me out of the room.

"Let them do their thing. Go clean yourself up, take a nap and when you wake up, everything will be alright." I nod slowly then turn around and head to my other room in the headquarter. I'm surprised that I'm actually listening to someone else.

When I enter the room my eyes are fixated on the sight in front of me. Vicki I think her name is, is sitting on my bed dressed in black lingerie, and a silk black nightgown. She wears a seductive look but all she's doing is making me nauseous.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I ask, a threatening tone in my voice.

"Waiting for you of course." she stands up, walks over to me and starts unbuttoning my shirt. I stop her hands.

"Not tonight Vicki."

"Come on, why not? I can show you something you've never seen before." she purrs.

"Vicki I said no." I say sternly.

She steps back, "It's because of that new slut, isn't it?" she refers to Nikita and that ticked me off.

Soon she's pinned up against the wall, "She is known as Nikita and if you ever call her a slut again or disrespect her, I will kill you. Understood?"

She nods fearfully.

"And this," I gesture between us, "Is never happening again." I let go of her, "Get out." she stares at me for a moment, "Now!" I order making her run out of the room.

I sigh when the door shuts but I can't get my mind off the girl laying in my room, on my bed, having an operation.

The cold water washes over me and I think of when we first met. How her words got swallowed when she first saw me, the pain in her eyes when she was shouting at her mother, the desperate look of need and want for a parent. I smelt her scent on the couch I was sitting on. I didn't miss her perfect curves, her beautiful face or her innocent exterior. But there was more to her than she let on.

I don't know why I didn't kill her. Robert was surprised. And so was I. Perhaps it was because... I don't know. I saw something that she saw in herself that I saw in myself. Nothing. And that broke me.

I turn the tap off when I see my skin looks like the skin of the granadilla, only its white.

When I get out of the shower, I hear my phone ring. I answer it frustrated, "What?"

"Woah, dude... Its just me." Vince chuckles.

I roll my eyes then rub it, "What do you want Vince? I'm busy."

"Whatever crawled up your ass is going to get pulled out right now.. I found out who broke into your house." he puts emphasis on the word house.

"What? Who is he?" I ask desperately. Those assholes are going to pay.

I saw the guy in Nikita's room just before he jumped back out of the roof. I also got a glance at the tattoo on his neck.

"Well, I found that they're actually a gang. Not a usual one though. They don't always kill, they're not loan sharks nor do they seem like a threat to any other gang out there. They are feared but unknown. So you won't ever know if someone is in that gang unless you see the tattoo. Which you saw. So what you described was a snake and a skull. The gang doesn't exactly have a name. " he explains.

That makes me frown." Then what the hell were they doing here? What did they want? Did you get any facial recognition? "

"Umm, no. I don't know what they wanted from you man, all they do is steal and kill when necessary. I don't know anything else but I did get a facial recognition. It was damn difficult but I got one only. He goes by the name Oscar. No surname. Nothing else is found about him. He looks Asian, pale skin. That is literally all I have for you. "

I sigh,"Thanks anyway." I cut the call, get dressed then make my way to my bed.

I lay down and think. What did they want? What did Oscar want? Nikita said that they were here for her. But what did they want from her? Is she in danger?

How did they even find her? How did they find this headquarter? So many questions.

What if she's working for them?

"What are you hiding?" I whisper.