Nostalgia

[Lin]

We left, what was later known as Moscow. Before the great destruction I planned to go to college there. Our food supply was low, and since I returned to my natural form, I needed more, way more. That, and also the local stores were cleaned out.

As weeks went by, I started noticing familiarity, I also started growing a beard, which is baffling Puro. Apparently to him, humans don't have facial hair?? Well, I am the only one he actually knows. I gave a small chuckle.

"Puro, do you know how to hunt?" I asked, and he shook his head. 

"I used to hunt white latex back in the lab, but I never attempted on the wild animals because they are too fast. But, I bet you could, love, if you tried." I blushed.

"I used to hunt deer and small game before the great disaster. I think I was teaching myself to survive before I got kidnapped, I hardly remember." Puro looked at me in confusion, then placed his hand on my coat. 

"Look, Colin, what is this?" It was starting to snow, the little white flakes in the distance was causing a bit of a fog, blocking out the mountains.

The great pines towering over my love and I began to speckle with white. The great canopy overhead must be protecting us from a nasty downpour. I was speechless upon what what beauty it shared, yet what dangers were ahead for my love.

Within my thoughts I wasn't watching where I was going, and I face planted the ground which brought a flashback to me.

I was around the age of ten or twelve. I had enough of school, so I ditched and played in the woods instead. That was a brutal mistake. I realized I had no food, and the bus won't be back until 3pm. I snuck back into the house, and I was caught by my mother.

I got myself up and told Puro about it. Then I noticed something in the distance. This big, masculine cloaked being. In a flash, he was right in front of Puro.

[Puro]

I can see him clearly, but this being is unknown.  I astonished myself for being not afraid, yet, I feel like I've seen him somewhere before.

"Puro. Follow me." I darkness surrounded me as I followed his command. I felt something pull on me, then, I awoke somewhere else.