Into The Cold Darkness

[AN: No, this story will not die, I am busy and can't update the story as much anymore, but It's still going.]

[Lin]

I awoke, yet the world was far different than before. It was nightfall, and yet, the light was still quite violent. But, one thing I knew was happening for sure. I was not where I was.

There was a strange chemical smell, stirring in the air. I began to realize where I was, as my consciousness returned. I was just outside a town, and behind it, was a raging nuclear power plant. Inferno was erupting wildly from it, earth shattering booms followed, but I realized there was something hard in my paw... Paw?

Correct.

'Have I returned to my latex form?' My mind went from questioning my sanity, to why. Yet, the stinging sensation came back to the hot ground, and the hard thing in my hand.

It was a dark latex crystal.. My memories kept showing me what happened beforehand, but not why I was laying here. Why there was a dark latex crystal in my paw... Why I was in the white fox form. Or was it wolf...

My thoughts went to Puro, where has he gone?

Upon realization, leaving the lab was sooner than it seemed... Vague memories of fire erupting suddenly became clearer.

My attention returned to the buildings. Within a pool of flames, they were crumbling, as cracking and the loud audible booms shook the landscape.

I weakly began to get up, as the ground began to feel like sun soaked sand. Along with that, hot nuclear ash began to fall, within the ocean of fire, vastly approaching.

I break into a run, holding the white crystal to my chest, into the darkness.

Not turning back.