Archery

[AN: I don't hate gays, I have nothing against them. If you were paying attention, Saucious used to be a lesbian, before the switch, so, yeah.
Why the human shelter is against gays? You probably know the answer, but I'm going to tell you anyway.
Most of the humans are gone, and they are trying to bring them back as much as possible. Which means, gay or not, reproduction. Being gay, in a post apocalyptic high society shelter sense, is seen as brutally selfish, and or useless. Along with that, Lin's story would end a few chapters ago if he were to be sterile, because he would be seen as useless. Like I said, in the apocalypse, humans are focused on multiplying. (This is a bit personal, but it's facts. Sorry if I disgusted you, or offended you in any shape or form, reader.)]

[Lin]

I tried to keep that out of my mind, yet, Teddy, a little nickname I gave him, kept looking at me like he wanted to tell me something. It was gym time, so we wouldn't have any privacy to talk.

There were weights, dead lifts, leg weights, and something stuck out at me. I approached it, he folowed.

An archer range.

Two teens were using it as I approached, yet, their stature seemed really off to me.. Studying them, I knew what this was about, they were doing it wrong. Gregg, and Li were their names, around the age of 14-16, and they had the leather arm guard on their sub arm, as they were pulling using their dominant hand. Lastly, the arrow wasn't aligned with the bow, causing the arrow to not land on the target half of the time.

I remembered this, as I was studying the children, I recalled finding a bow in an abandoned house, and practicing in front of two blurry figures. I recalled the energy I sensed the night before. That was a similar feel to one of the blurry figures. I shook my head, and walked up to the kids.

"Hey." I said. They replied with weird look.

"Um.. We're shit at this. What's up?" I was dumbfounded, Li had the looks of a young boy, yet she had a voice of a woman, I could almost respect her.. "Here, I can teach you how to do this." I replied.

She gave me her bow, and a quiver, and I grabbed a leather arm guard from the basket, and wrapped it around my dominant arm, which was my left. I aligned the arrow in the center of the bow, and held it to betwixt chest, and eye level. I began to slowly pull back.

I astonished the five people in the room, especially the kids, next to me. I gave a small wry smile, and let go of the carbon fiber arrow.

I didn't get a bullseye, but I was rather close.

Emma came in just then.

"Hello master Emma! Have you recovered well?" One of the other people in the gym exclaimed.

"Yes." She replied.

She looked around the room, and saw the bow in my hand, and approached me. "Your skills are wonderful. I bet you have, or can kill someone with such skill. Tell me, have you killed anyone before?" She gave me an off smile, which struck fear within me.

"I need to talk to you, Colin. Come to my office during lunch okay?" She turns to Teddy, and glares, I could almost see a tiger ready to pounce in her expression of rage. "You're on thin ice buddy." Her voice got low, and she drew closer to him.

"Keep this up, and you'll be erased tomorrow morning." It's almost like he knew what she was talking about.. He shook his head, submissively, and a tear flowed down his face.

I wanted to ask what was happening, what was going on? Why would she do this? What did Teddy do?

She muttered something else to him. "Your father died in the plague. The beast is lying to take you away." 

He stayed quiet until night came, and we returned to the living quarters. He stood outside my dorm until lights out, and entered.

"The night guard is not on watch tonight. She needed sleep, so I'm unsure who is going to watch tonight. But there's something I need to show you."

I was laying in my bed, in only my shorts, so my chest hair was exposed, rather embarrassingly actually. I threw on my shirt, and sat up.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Follow me."