Survivor

[AN: Damn, a month already? A little over? That's okay... Right? So what happened when I was gone is that I died and risen from the ashes. (I died only mentally, but hey I'm back.) I was suffering a writers block, which is now resolved, and I'll plug in a couple of chapters.]

[Lin, about an hour later]

I laid there in confusion, as a tugging sense of dread clouded my head. I didn't know why I kept feeling this way, since, the last thing I remember was being alone, out in the cold.

I was facing away from the door. I heard a small voice. 

"Colin, you awake?" It was of a young man's.

I rolled over, to see who he was. He looked vaguely familiar, almost like I saw him before... 

"My name is Ted. I located you by the south wing. Welcome to your new home! I'll show you around!"  

I slowly moved to a sitting position within my sleepy haze, as I did so, the dread entered my stomach with a stabbing pain.

"You must be hungry. Your showing signs of lingering undernourishment, and moderate dehydration." His gentle dark eyes looked into mine.

Because of that, a warm, yet devastating scene of nostalgia came over me. I gave out a little sob, since in a blur, I saw something flash over my eyes. I saw a woman I know very well, her blue eyes, almost the color of my sapphire ones illuminated with joy. Surrounded by the warm solace, I didn't want it to go, but it faded back into the dark, lightly illuminated, dark room. Following, the familiar sense of despair.

I was frozen, coming back into my altered state. "You coming?" Ted joyfully added, as he stood by the door.

I got up, moving felt easy, and surprisingly automatic. There were a small group of humans in the hallway, right outside the door to my newfound assigned bedroom.

It was a little unnerving to see my kin at first. Yet, I felt way more comfortable around them, than being alone... Was I even alone? I felt like I was missing someone... Like I was close to one... Was it all a dream?

Down the small corridor, there was a windowed area, where the lights were brighter, and the place was full of tables, of many different heights and sizes. There was a little table consisting of young children to the very left, and elderly on the very right. There, stood a long line of people between the ages of Ten and Forty-seven waiting to be dished their fair share of food.

Ted was a little older than I was, so we sat together at the Twenties table, near the center of the large room. I went to the food table, and there, a robot was stood. It displayed a rather familiar sight, that brought tension, and anxiety. There, it scanned my iris.

"Colin Eskivel, a Twenty found yesterday right outside the southern wing, correct?"

I was confused, but I replied with a yes. "You may get your food. Eat plenty."

"Thank you, kind robot!" I was hit with a weird sense of nostalgia saying that. There was hearty soups, various types of meats, spanning from fish, to beef, and pork, and a colorful cavalcade of vegetables and fruits, in various bowls, prepared to be eaten.

I grabbed some apple slices, a salmon steak, and a small bowl of spicy peanut sauce for the apples. I have always loved apples, I don't know texture wise, or that they are wonderfully sweet and crunchy. I've always had a bit of a sweet tooth, and I was never into citrus until enjoying an orange, which was the best orange I've ever had... I hardly remember when that happened.

I was eating, I almost missed the sensation of warm food in my mouth. As I was eating the salmon, my stomach was crying for it. It brought a question to me, how long ago did I eat before this?

[Foxy]

no