Lin, falling into oblivion

[AN: Let me explain why I was so dead. I lost motivation, idk where to go now with the story, but I'll keep going till we reach the final destination. Thank you for the support and love I gotten for this series. It is greatly appreciated.]

[Foxy, for reals this time]

Due to the lack of sun, I wasn't able to move. I deeply envied Puro freely pacing back and fourth.. I don't know how long it's been, and my consciousness keeps slipping. Last of all, Lin is still missing.

I lay upon the warm plexiglass, drowsy and warm, the room is dark, with only a few neon green tiles lining our glass cells. I've been through worse, yet, unknown fear and panic strike me sometimes as drift off again.

That little human, Colin, was the man I couldn't keep my thoughts from, his lover, left behind not even knowing if he was alive.

Humans... Now I know the reason why we're here.

[Lin]

After our meal, Ted and I walked over to a comfortable room through a large, long, futuristic corridor. I took a seat on the couch, and he sat next to me. His dark eyes looked into mine.

"Ah.. It's still only morning, yet, today feels like it's been two weeks." His voice became a whisper, "I shouldn't have wandered, and checked out those specimens. I nearly got caught."

"New specimens?" I asked.

"A protogen and a rare Latex. Those were said to originate from Byrn Lab. I've only seen one before, and it was only a pup. I gotta say, that thing was huge!" I felt a little bit of pain hearing that, but I was unsure why.

"I almost don't want to ask this..." He looked at me and the window.

"Uh.. Uh.. Nevermind! Anyway, how are you feeling?"

"I'm alright, not as heavy feeling as before. Still quite-"

"What are you boys doing in here, Ted! Leave him alone, he's unstable right now." Emma opened the door, and looked at him in deep scorn.

"We- I.."

"Let the boy get some rest. Meanwhile, you have a mess to clean up!"

"Uh... Just.."

"Dining room! Now!" Ted sighed, and walked back down the hallway, near the dining area.

"Now, Colin, this is not the time to start getting fond of people. Ted Ho is a notorious trouble maker and he likes to stick his nose where he shouldn't. I think it's best you don't get too close to him, or anyone. It will help you stabilize better."

Stabilize... What does that mean? I thought to myself. Emma's cold blue eyes struck fear into me as I got up.

"I'm not sure who let him be your ambassador for breakfast, but someone is getting deleted over this. Now let's go, back to your dorm." I followed, I wasn't even that tired, but I was told to sleep.

Walking passed the Dining hall, Ted and I exchanged a melancholy look. "He's too curious for his own good, leave him alone." Hearing that, brought me pain..

Entering the dorm room, I laid there in the small bed. Something rather disturbing came to my mind, waking up in a lab...

"Neutralize him.." echoed throughout my head...  I shut my eyes.

"What happened to me?" I said in the quiet, empty abyss..

For a while.. It was only me, and the quiet emptiness of nothingness. I because of that sharp pain.. Everything is a mystery.

But most of all.. Something feels horribly wrong.

Almost like, my life wasn't meant to happen this way.

[AN: I'm back, but unfortunately uploads are not going as fast as they used to be. Still, I'll make sure this story gets completed.]