The Firestorm

[AN: Some of the content in this part, is deeply depressing, and may also inflict rage, reader discretion is advised. And also, Merry Christmas my dudes! Also life got in my way, sorry for being slow with the updates.]

As the days progressed, heartache began to fill my soul. The hospitality that young couple shared with me was unfathomable. From the little things, such as calling me "monster," and "it," and to the greater things like making me sleep outside in the cold, and making me hunt for my own food "because latexes don't eat human food," which- is absolute bullshit!

For five days, after putting up with the bullying, I had enough of their shit. (And hey, didn't I read books about this back in the lab? Before the great fifty year peace with this vast messenger system called the internet where humans were isolated in their own community and those of whom that looked different was treated horribly? I think so.)

The cold afternoon sunlight shown through the living room window. Lin was in my arms as the couple was preparing food. I noticed my love was acting strange. He was keeping to himself, sitting there quietly, in presumable rage. I knew that there was something wrong.

"T-they don't like that you're doing this.." He muttered as he left my arms. I was rather confused at first, but then I realized that they were manipulating my love to think I was dangerous or evil.

I had enough.

[Lin]

I tried and tried to convince my best friend and his lover that Puro was safe, but they would never believe me, and their hostility toward him began to internally destroy me. For one who saved my life, and became my first ever love, he was my world, and there is nothing I can do without him.

"Colin! May we have a moment?" It was May, her mellow high pitched voice spiked anger in me.

I realized I was curled up into a ball on the couch, facing away from Puro. I shot up and began to leave the sitting area, only to be grabbed on the shoulder. Upon turning and glancing back, I heard my love growl. In his eyes were full of anguish.

"I don't know how much of this malevolence I can take, human." A dark tear streamed down his pearly skeletal mask. Luigi sprung up from his seat and glared at Puro.

He cleared his throat, to make his voice sharp and clear. "You know why, when we were growing up, you were the outcast? Right? Because shit like this." He pointed at Puro. Sadness and bitter rage shot through my chest, almost knocking me to the ground.

"This.. This relationship you have with the latex is not healthy. And are you aware what this thing can do to you?!" His voice escalated into a yell, causing my dignity to slowly dwindle away from me, along with that, it was extraordinarily painful for him to dehumanize the one I love.

I tried to fight back. "I-I.. I was one-"

"Colin, you are a fantastic liar! How could you know about Latexes?! Huh!? His kind took my damn sister, and your little brother. I bet you forgot about him too." My dignity was gone, it all came back to me; those golden curls, the silver blue eyes. Sticking up for him when Luigi bullied him. He was not a brother of blood, but a homeless kid wandering the streets of the small mountainous town which was what I called home most of my life.

Puro's grip on my shoulder tightened to unimaginable strength. He began to hyperventilate in rage. "ALRIGHT! That's enough! I don't care what my kin did! I am not like them and I just want to be respected like a human! Please for fuck's sake! Please- just I wish to be treated better.." He broke down into sobs. I was near crying myself.

"You two disgust me. I don't even know you anymore Colin. I was a fool to befriend such a queer. I'm sorry but I'd advise if you leave, before I get angrier." His voice was apathetic and uncaring, but his eyes gleamed sadness.

"I.. I think it's for the best, Lin." Puro embraced me hard. He was barely holding himself together.

A heavy weight settled into my chest. I was torn, to stay or leave. But I know, if I stay my love will die of neglect and or depression. If I leave, I won't be able to see Luigi again. What is even out there anyway? Nearly everyone is dead, and there is only ruin. But would I let someone that waited his life to see me, die because my kin doesn't like him? Someone I am in an affair with?

No.

I sighed. "If we disgust you so much, we will leave. I'm sorry for not being the man you knew five years ago. It appears I have changed."

"Then go. I don't know you anymore." I picked up the only belongings I had, and looked at Puro. 

"Stay safe out there. Perhaps we'll meet again, Lin." May said, Luigi ran up to me and gave me a hug. He stayed silent, as a tear began to form in his reddening eyes. He let go of me, and turned away silently.

"I guess this is goodbye, Colin." He sighed as the tear ran down his cheek. "Let's hope we meet again someday." He shook Puro's hand and apologizes, and through the thick oak door we go. 

The overcast sky shined light gray through the pines, as we left the cabin one last time. I looked at Puro, and he looked back at me in sadness.

"Human.. I'm sorry to be a burden to you. I think your life would have been better off without me." His voice cracked, he was truly saddened. I was nearing the breaking point on how angry I was, but I knew, rage would make everything worse.

[Puro] 

"Without you, I wouldn't be standing here. I would have been a slave like the ones in the lab. I love you, Puro, and I'm sorry that my kin has treated you this way." A sob escaped my mouth. I embraced my companion. 

All what stands before us now are the ruins..