The Cold Unknown

[Puro]

He looked over too us, and shook his head. "Let's get out of here."

"He's right" I said to my lover. I looked into his deep blue eyes, yet all I can gather from them is deep fear.

"Where are we going to go? Where even is a good place to hide?" Lin's voice cracked.

"We'll manage." Foxy replied. His face bared a sense of coldness, that I could only imagine could be made by anguish. He was quiet for a moment.

We climbed the giant wall of snow and had begun walking west, Foxy leading the way.

"Have you guys encountered any bears on your travels?" 

"Not really." I replied. "Looking back, we haven't faced many dangers. We stayed rather safe. Not sure if it's luck or not-."

"Good, if it is luck, we need it. There are some dangerous things in these mountains.. Wherever we're going, I've seen people go, and never return. I had dreams about this beast. Part latexa, part machina, and coming across it's path, only to fade out of existence."

Colin's dark blue eyes grew huge. 

"Once we get into the valleys, the warmest it's going to get is -30, well, Fahrenheit. Wearing that coat isn't going to do much for you, Lin. Let's go and see if there are remnants of a town or anything near where we can get supplies."

"There is nothing out here, except for us." My love replied, with a serious glare. My stomach dropped, and all we could hear was the cold wind, blowing between the mountains, for a moment.

"Wait what?! Preposterous!" Fox replied. 

"Wait? What did I say? Why are you guys acting so surprised?" My love's being was in disarray.

I shook my head, my love didn't seem like the type to act stupid, but I could seance something is up. "You said that there is only us here." I replied.

The sun was about to rise. I looked at Foxy and shook my head. 

"How does someone forget what he just said?" he said after a moment. "Unless our situation is worse than we thought. Perhaps they got control over him? If so, they know where I am.. And I have no other choice..."

His hand became a giant blaster in an instant.

[Lin]

Did his hand just become a fucking laser!?

He aimed it toward me, and before my love and I could react a blue light flashed.

The next instant all I saw was darkness, that familiar tugging sensation was back, from when Puro took my form. And the next thing I knew, I was laying in the snow, gasping, as my love was being held back by Foxy, yelling.

"Glad you survived. My kin is technology based, so what I did is a hard teleport, which disables all electronics on one's body. It's also a really successful execution method of my kin, since, we can't live without either our mechanical, nor organic parts."

"Glad you survived!? What the hell?!"

"With an organic body, like you or his, there is a small, yet possible chance that he could be wiped from existence." My eyes grew wide.

"I'm glad our luck has been so fruitful! But I wonder how it'll last?" He said.

"Well, the Protogens are not looking for us, but, how about the Frostfur? Didn't they tell us to stay away from the Humans? Well, we have no idea where they are, and if the plague is still alive, I don't think it would be a good idea to even encounter them anyway." I replied, Puro nodded, and Foxy looked away.

But, a familiar feeling met me again, the strange quiet fear that looms around one's consciousness when exploring new depths of the unknown. A feeling telling you to leave, telling you that struggle is near.

As we delve deeper into the mountains, the feeling grew more intense, also, those wet dreams returned, the ones of my love and I, but they were different.