Puro

By immediate request, I was told to bathe, while my clothes were being washed by Luigi. With all said and done, I looked at myself in the mirror. And noticed something.

Externally I changed. I didn't look as youthful, and my face bared a permanent serious glare, but what caught my eyes was how blue they were, this was not normal.

I dawned my clean clothes, and I realized how much I missed the smell of freshly washed laundry.

Upon leaving the bathroom, I was hit with a really unexpected question by Luigi's girlfriend, May.

"So who's this Puro? What does he look like?" she asked in a sly, yet cutesy voice, as she was slicing up some celery.

"I.. I.." The question hit me out of nowhere, nearly giving me a panic attack. I saw how the couple treated the Transfur, how their corpses were scattered throughout the front yard.

"I wouldn't be surprised if he's a transfur. Collin is a fucking furry after all." Luigi gave out a cold, egotistical laugh.

I was trying to force words out of my mouth, but with a small amount of fighting and willpower, they finally escaped, "Well.. you'll know when you meet him. He may seem scary at first, but he's a very nice dude. He helped me escape the lab."

Luigi poured a bit of hydrated milk into the pot. His dark brown eyes shot open. "WHAT!? YOU WERE IN A LAB?!?" he almost screamed in excitement.

"Yeah I was. The place was loaded with transfur," I lied a little bit to show off, plus my ego made me do this, "Puro and I kicked every transfur's ass!" The truth was, we barely escaped alive, and I only killed one transfur by slamming it into a locker.

"Damn, you're stronger than I thought!" Luigi put the measuring cup of milk on the counter and clapped. May then added, "Transfur are actually rather easy to kill, you know those corpses outside, yeah those are from me." She placed her hand on the counter, "and if a transfur decides it wants one of us," she stabbed the cutting board, that was of the shape of a pig, "It will go down like every other one, out there." She clenched her teeth and looked me in the eye.

In fear, the truth left my mouth, shocking everyone. "I was a transfur, it was because I was not immune to the plague like you guys are. I could have died, and I gave it up to save Puro, who is also a transfur."

May was frozen with rage, Luigi was too frozen, but with fear. "Y-You can't be s-serious!" May's grayish-blue eyes became fiery, as her feminine voice matched her eyes.

"I am," I replied. "My love returned me to my human form to heal his mask."

Then I realized, they started to fear me.