The Unexpected Visitor

[AN: I'm going to keep the author's notes to a minimum because I want to get this story moving along and I don't want to drop what I'm doing unless it's something important to make an author's note ok.]

[Foxy]

In the darkness I lifted the broken corpse of the beast, and looked into the bunker. There were holes in the ceiling, showing the starry night above the cold bunker below.

Grain, boar dung, and broken cans and their contents scattered through the floor, to what was formerly a neat place full of boxes and shelves of food. But, since the ceiling is now open, nature took over, and fed the boar. Wait, aren't bores a jungle animal? What are they doing so far north?

Holding the boar, I returned, but the sight was not the same as I was expecting.

There was a certain, familiar sense in the air. A feeling I have felt before, numerous times, was rushed upon me as I entered my home, telling me, something was not right.

Lin was passed out in Puro's arms as he embraced his love.

"Fox! Holy shit! Glad you've returned!" Puro was clearly in panic.

"What's the problem Puro?" He shook his head.

"SO- So like- We started hearing noise! It started with this boom deep into the cave! Then for some reason we heard screaming, not really screaming but like... an unearthly noise outside!-"

"Outside huh?" I noticed a strange mark on Lin's arm. It was of a symbol I recognized. The mark of the queen? No... I am unsure if these two encountered my kind, especially the royalty..

"What is this doing on his arm? What happened to him?"

Puro glanced at him in rage. "He went to investigate the sound. When he came back, he was pale and had collapsed to the ground, with this mysterious marking."

"The mark of the house of Tarric (Tarris) Royalty of my kind, the Pro. Those three swords resemble the three kings."

Puro looked at me in interest. "What are your fellow kin like?" 

I choked up. "I hardly remember. I haven't seen my kin since I was just a child. But, they were peaceful, unlike the people here on earth."

"..and they're searching for you." I look over to Lin, his dark blue eyes met mine. He stretched in Puro's arms.

"What?!" Puro and I yelled in astonishment.

"I saw it all.." he shook his head as Puro embraced him.

I then heard a knock at the door leading outside. I opened the door. And to my dismay, It was that trouble making cat.

"Hey have you seen two men? One is a transfur like you or I?-"

"I'm not a transfur! What do you want!?" I sounded angrier than I wanted to. But I soon learned that I was right to be. And I realized I was still holding that dead boar.

"What does a Windows 95 machine need a boar for? You got some people to feed? Step aside, Bitch."

"Protogens like bacon too." I said.

It then dawned on me. The couple was right behind me

She cackled.

"Shit." I heard Lin saying under his breath as he was putting on his coat. Puro shook his head.

"Explain yourself, Gregg! Tell me, why aren't they dead?"

"Why do you want us dead? You gotta do the explaining!" Puro yelled behind me.

"Whatever you do, stay away from the humans, and their shelter." She gritted her teeth and went to her car.

I turn around, to meet the couple crowding me at the door. Lin was smiling, and shook his head with a little laugh. Puro placed his paw on his back.

"Wow, I thought she was going to kill us." He said.