Puro's Secret

[AN: HELLO GUYS! Konnichiwa! Ni-hau! I'm back! Life again taking up all of my time and shiz. I am back now to bring you more. Like I said this is going to be sorda long so ye. Oh and as of writing this it was Dragonsnow's birthday yesterday!! Happy birthday boi!! Oh and also I changed the book cover]

[Lin, Day 1, Part two]

I guess getting drunk is less pleasant than I remember. Still it's been about five and a half years. I felt almost sick, and it was hard to walk. Sauci didn't seem very happy about it. He kept giving me this cold stare, yet, I was afraid to ask him what his problem was.

Until he said something.

"Hey Kid..." kid was his nickname for me, yet I told him numerous times that I was twenty-one, "I-I'm not sure if you know this but that.. that vodka was meant for fuel. You fucked us over." His voice was oddly calm, yet his eyes were full of hellish rage, making things horrifying.

"Since your kind nearly destroyed this planet, the weather patterns grew discordant.. And by drinking our fuel!--" he shook his head. "I'm sorry.. you didn't know."

"Yeah, that fuel was a fairly common drink among this part of the world. Especially here in Siberia back in the days of when human's thrived." Puro added.

A memory hit me just then, within my drunken haze. My hunting bow. The one I got for my fourteenth birthday, nearly two years before the world fell apart. I remembered how to use it, the techniques with aiming an pointing. How many forest animal's lives I took with that thing! Part of me wished I had it in the lab.

Puro and Saucious changed the conversation drastically, and started talking about a book series or something? I don't know. So I wandered off. 

I was careful going down the stairs this time, without falling. And there was still vomit on the floor from earlier, but it became a wet spot on the earthen floor. 

I wasn't able to keep my eyes off the closet, to which I opened it. There was a note and what I deeply desired. A hunting bow. The branding and paint was all scratched off, like it was in good use. There was also a quiver full of arrows in the bottom drawer, and a tote full of more.

I read the contents of the note, it was written in red marker.

Dear Traveler, or whomever finds these. 
I bestow to you a gift that one was mine I hope you find this useful, since I may be gone by the time you find this. Thank you.
-Anna

My heart felt warm. I felt a cold hand touch my shoulder, expecting it to be my boyfriend's I look over. What had layed before my eyes was a transparent woman. Her dark blue eyes met mine, as her golden curls shimmered in the basement light.

"Enjoy." she said and vanished. Her voice echoed throughout my drunken stupor afterward, or what was left of it..  

[Puro, Day 1 Part 2]

I've been thinking about my boyfriend a lot. I began to miss the days where it was only us and the world. Upon those thoughts, unfathomable ones keep popping up. Such as taking Sauci's life, which is actually the last thing I want to do.

Sauci is actually a really cool dude. It's just when he wants to train me, he makes me do stuff which is nearly impossible for me.

"Nearly is better than full on impossible. Now, you see that weight? Lift it and try to get your second wind. Okay.. I know. It's harder for latexes, but, if you train hard enough, you'll be stronger than ever, Puro!" That is what Sauci said during our training. He believes in me, why do I want to see him in pain, or his corpse? I think I'm going insane.

I have always questioned my sanity, ever since the first time I tasted white latex. I was just wandering the lab bored out of my mind as I found a puddle of white latex on the ground. I looked around to see if anyone was looking, then I grabbed a little taste. I was astonished on its sweetness and flavor, which was really hard to describe. I feel strange recalling that...

I noticed that Lin was gone, so I went back to the basement. He was tightening a bow's strings. 

A bow?!

Yes, I did see that correctly. He was tweaking a weapon, it looks like his drunken stupor is almost over. He looked over to me, and I made eye contact.

"She's a beauty, isn't she? Just a good repainting and a new string and she will be all set!"

"Human."

"Look at those arrows... I had a past with these things, so I know about bows and a lick of archery."

"Human! Lin! Listen to me!" He sighed.

"What is it Puro? Can't handle a human holding a weapon?"

"What? No. I need to tell you something, this is important. Please in all things mortal, do not tell Sauci any of this.."

[Saucious, Day 1, Part 2]

So he is the new Peacemaker. My speculations were right all along. And yes, I have heard him tell his love of his undesired will. But my time here is short now, and if I don't fall in cold blood by his hands, I will fall no matter what.

Preferably, dying alone, and unknown. Only being a distant memory from those whom cared about me, no guilt, no sadness. For what I hope, everything will be fine.

But, for the couple. Hell is on the rise.. I fear for them both. 

[AN: That got dark.. More to come!]