Returning of a Friend

[Lin]

Early morning, about a couple weeks later, I couldn't take it anymore, so I walked off and tried to get myself some privacy. There was a little thicket of shrubbery and small pines, so I was safe. Upon closer inspection, there was a little spring in there. 

I hid behind a tree, trying to stay clear from the spring. I then went at it.

[Puro]

I awoke, to find that odd and familiar smell. It was Lin. I had to take care of his shiz. I stayed still, and fell back asleep, but Foxy woke me up after a moment. 

"Ah, that human has a lot to hide, doesn't he!" He was pissed. 

"I smell human pheromones, he's going to get himself killed for doing this!"

"He can't control it." I said, in my half asleep stupor. 

He paused for a moment, and shook his head. "I don't care about Lin. That little shit only gets in the way, and having him die won't make a difference to me."

I sprung up to my feet in a desperate rage. "Try and kill me, for saying so, just know, I can kill you where you stand. And the human, he's too weak for this world.

A force threw me to the ground, and pinned me there, as the world began to shake, I let out a wild scream.

And I gasped awake, breathless, Foxy was still asleep, and Lin was still gone, but there was a small peaceful feeling, as I watched the sun began to rise, in the dark horizon.

[Lin]

That wondrous lightheaded intoxication had me sink into more of a laying position. The ground was warm, and so was the air surrounding the spring. It was almost like the dwarf pines, and little plants were cradling me. I then fell asleep.

"Little Human." I heard a small voice in the back of my head as I regained consciousness. The voice was so familiar, I could almost associate the face.

"Hey, wake up!" I turn over to where the voice was located. By the position of the sun, it looked like late morning, early afternoon.

It was Dr. K. His light red eyes met mine.

"Hey, you remind me of someone." He said, as he came closer. "Yeah." I replied.

"Wait a second.. No..." My stomach dropped.

"How.." He was speechless on what met before him. He pulled me off the ground and inspected me. 

"Nature does know how to work miracles doesn't it?" We then started talking, as I led him back to Puro and Foxy. I told him about the misadventures and the things we encountered on our travels, and what happened to my latex form.

He told me about the humans and how he's on his way to to the shelter, and was asking me about Puro.

We made it back.

[Foxy]

Upon hearing of Puro's unsettling dream moments before, something white caught my eye in the distance. Using my visor, I zoomed into what I was looking at. It was a Transfur with light red eyes, happily talking to Colin. Puro took notice of him too, and sprung up from unsuccessfully trying to ignite a small fire in the snow.

"Doctor K! How have you been?!" He approached the large white wolf in joy, and hugged him.

"Wow, a living, breathing Protogen! You must be far from home." All three of them looked at me. "Tell me, what is your name?"

"My name?" I replied, and the white wolf gave me a smug look under his mask. "Yeah."

"Oh, Uh.. Foxy. You can call me Fox if you wish."

"Pleasure to meet you. I go by K, so yeah."

He told me his reasoning for what he wanted me to do, he also inspected me and wouldn't stop asking me questions, weird guy.. He also acted the same way toward, and looked at Puro oddly. Over the next few days he followed us, for, where the human's shelter, was also west.

[Lin, Days later]

I was in my love's arms as I started waking up, and something felt rather off than usual. The fear was stronger than before, almost a gripping feeling in my chest.

Doctor K was gone, but Foxy was nearby. I then sensed another storm, as icy winds began to blow from the north, stronger than ever. Deep fear embedded itself deep within, for it was no longer safe.