Taking Me Home

Patton's POV

I was staring out the window, once again trying to contain my tears. It was dark out and Logan was facing the road so it'd be hard for him to see me cry anyways.

"Patton, does your family know where you are at least?" Logan asked me. I hesitated before replying to him. "N-no." I didn't really want them to know anyway.

Logan sighed again and didn't say anything for the next five minutes. "L-Logan?" I turned to face him, not expecting him to look at me. "Yes Patton." I was once again holding back tears, I'm already too much of a cry baby.

"I'm sorry." I apologized. I felt like he was mad at me, like he was disappointed in me, ashamed of me.

"For what?" Logan turned to face me for a second before returning his attention back to the road. "For being such a burden." I was quiet, and I felt terrible, like I was about to throw up.

"You're not being a burden, I'm happy to be helping you." We turned into his driveway and then he parked. I turned one last time to come to a realization that he was starring at me too.

"Patton..." he placed his hand on my cheek and wiped away a tear that I didn't even know was there. "It's okay, you don't have to suffer anymore." a thin smile appeared on my face. He wiped away a few more tears and then got out of the car.

"I'll get your bags." He told me as I got out of the car. "Thank you. Do your parents mind me staying?" He thought about it for a moment as he opened the front door. "I don't know, we'll find out in the morning, but I'm not letting them kick you out." Since this was the first time I've ever been to his place he guided me to his room upstairs, and we were surprisingly quiet.

"Are you okay sleeping in my guest room?" Logan asked me, I nodded, he was after all giving me a place to stay for awhile.

"Thank you." I took my bags and went into the room.

"Good night, I'm in the room to the right." He pointed to his room, and I nodded. "Good night Lo." I smiled at him and then made my way into the room. I dug through my extra bag and pulled out some black shorts and a rainbow long sleeve shirt. I shut the light off after plugging in my phone. I laid in bed for a while, not being able sleep, but also not crying. I was content. But at the same time I couldn't sleep.

So I laid in bed and thought. Was it a good idea running away from my family? Would they even care if I'm gone? Are they going to call the cops? Is Logan going to get in trouble for letting me stay here? Are his parents okay with me being here? Are my brothers going to snitch on me when they see me in school tomorrow? What's wrong with me? Why am I even here? What's wrong with me?

"What's wrong with me?" I repeated to myself.
"What is wrong with me?" I was so confused, why couldn't I find a solid answer for this. Why are there so many?

"What is wrong with me?" I sat up and ran my hand through my hair. "Why can't I do anything right? Why don't I ever think anything through?" I brought my knees up to my chest. "What's wrong with me!?" I whispered screamed at myself.

"What is wrong with you? Why are you crying? Stop being such a crybaby!" I continued to yell at the same level.

"Patton?" I heard a knock on the door. I quickly wiped my eyes with the back of my hand and stood up, opening the door.

"Logan." I flashed a fake smile up at him, trying to make it seem like I was fine. "What's wrong, who are you talking to at two in the morning? Are you crying again?" He asked me, I took the time that I was taking to answer to look at what he was wearing, it was a somewhat loose pair of sleeping pants and a tank top.