Strawberry Milkshake

That Thursday morning, Logan and I woke up to a peaceful and quiet house. The sun was up and shinning into the room, and I was extremely exhausted.

"Good morning Patton." Logan said, drowsiness clear in his voice.

"I'm so tired" I whined hiding my face under the covers, I wasn't a morning person. I heard Logan laugh before he pulled the covers down to see my face. "Are you sure you don't want anything to eat before you fall back asleep?" Logan asked, I thought about it for a second. "Yeah, a strawberry milkshake." I caused him to laugh once more.

"You know what, I think we have the ingredients to make that." I shot up, I was just kidding but I had been craving a strawberry milkshake for a while now. "Really?!?!" I was probably too over excited for this, but I didn't care.

"Yes, really." He reassured me. I jumped up out of bed, then pulled the covers off of Logan. "C'mon, I really want one, will you please make me one? I've never actually made a milkshake before..." I got upset a little, I would love to know how, I need this knowledge so I can some day teach my kids how to make the same thing.

"Don't worry Patton, I can teach you how." Logan stood up, and went to his dresser. "Lets get dressed first. I also have to change your bandages on your chest." He told me. I changed into a pair of light blue skinny jeans, and removed my shirt. I had picked out a short sleeved rainbow ty-dyed shirt and sat down on the bed.

I waited for Logan to come back out of the bathroom with bandages. He had told me that it was going to sting a little, and to tell him if it hurt too bad.

After he removed the old bandage, he poured some, I want to say rubbing alcohol onto a napkin and dabbed at my scars. I gasped as it stung and because it was freezing. "I'm sorry." Logan told me, continuing to clean the wounds.

"Your fine, I'm sorry for being such a baby about this, I did it to myself and shouldn't be complaining about the consequences." Logan stopped for a minute, making me look up at him.

"This isn't your fault. This, this is the consequences of others, understood? This isn't your fault." I nodded slowly and hesitantly.

"It really isn't." He went on, continuing to bandage it. "You don't even deserve to be blamed. How could you be blamed for anything? You're so sweet and practically the definition of pure. Anyone who blames you must be crazy or mentally insane because, well look at you. And no, I am not saying you're crazy or mentally insane, I'm saying that anyone else who blames you is, you are amazing, you are kind, you are perfect. You are Patton, and I couldn't have asked for a better companion in my life." He finished wrapping me up. I was on the verge of tears just from his little rant.

"T-thank you." And then I started sobbing. I must have frightened Logan because his eyes got wide with pure fear.

"Are you alright, what's wrong?" He asked frantically.

"I-I' m sorry" I tried to say. "No one has ever s-said anything that n-nice to me before. A-and I shouldn't be c-crying." I wiped at my eyes quickly trying to continue but he stopped me. "Patton...everything I said was 100% true-" I didn't even let him finish before I leaped off the bed and hugged him, it may have been a tad too tight, and it hurt my chest quite a bit, but I really loved him, and needed to show my love for him. I needed to show my appreciation for him.

"I love you" I whispered quietly and through sobs. I wasn't sure if he heard me to be honestest.
"I love you too." I guess he did. "I love you with all my heart, well, that's not logical but you know what I mean." I laughed at that statement, it was such a Logan thing to say and I loved it.

"Should we go make strawberry milkshakes now?" He asked me. I nodded into the hug and as we made our way out of his room he stopped me.

"Patton..." I turned around to look at him. We locked eyes and he looked conflicted between something, he looked confused. "Yes Logi?" I asked him after he didn't say anything for about a minute.