How It Started

We all sat in the living room, it was probably ten at night, the room was dark except for the light emitting from the t.v. I was cuddled up with Logan, Mary with Thomas and John with Isabella. You could tell that Isabella and John had a close sister bond, Bella was constantly following her older sister and it was cute, she needed a sister, she couldn't just have brothers, Thomas would drive her crazy when they got a bit older. 

I jumped a little as the theme song to My Hero Academia erupted throughout the room, another episode had just started but I was about ready to pass out. I didn't know why I felt so tired so early in the night, but oh well.I had felt Logan's embrace tighten slightly after I jumped, I must have alarmed him as well.

As a fight scene progressed, I jumped once more, why is that when anime characters scream, they tend to become more powerful? I've never understood it, don't get me wrong I love anime and all but the screams are terrifying when you're tired enough to fall asleep in less than two minutes. "Why are you so jumpy?" Logan asked me in a whispered tone. 

" 'm just tired..." I cuddled closer to him, letting my eyes close as I started to zone out, I had already seen this anime, I wasn't missing anything that I hadn't seen meaning I could fall asleep if I wanted to...
"I thought you wanted to watch this too." He lightly chuckled, not bothering anyone else in the room, although Isabella and Mary were both already asleep, the others were still trying to watch the show. "I did, but I'm too tired." I fully covered my face, blocking out the light as I allowed myself to doze off.

~~~~~
~3rd Person POV~
~~~~~

The next morning Patton woke up alone on the couch, wrapped up in a blanket. He could hear people laughing and talking in the kitchen. He sat up, letting the blanket fall to his waist as he rubbed at his eyes and looked around the room. He quickly realized that he was by himself, standing up and pushing his hair out of his face, he made his way to the kitchen. No one noticed his presence.

Logan was leaning against the counter with a cup of coffee in his hands, he wore a content smile as the rest of his family laughed and talked together. Mary was making pancakes with the help of the three kids. 

Logan turned to the entrance of the kitchen, noticing Patton as Patton let out a small yawn. Patton turned to face Logan, smiling and nervously waving at the only person to acknowledge him. Patton made his way over to Logan, leaning on the counter next to him and leaning into Logan as he put his arm around his shoulders. 
"Did you sleep well?" Patton nodded, taking notice of Logan's hushed voice. Patton looked up at him with a smile. "I-I'm not that hungry, do you think I could...maybe skip breakfast?" Patton asked hesitantly. Logan thought about it for moment, not wanting Patton to skip breakfast. "I don't know...You need to eat something."
"Pretty please. I'm really not hungry, I had pop corn last night and-"
"Eat a piece of fruit at least?" Patton sighed but agreed, giving Logan a nod in response. "Alright, I will." 
"Thank you." Logan leaned down and gave Patton a kiss, only to have Patton quickly push him away. 

"Ew! You taste like bitter coffee." Everyone turned to the two as Logan chuckled and Patton scrunched his nose up in disgust. 

"He doesn't put any sugar or creamer in his coffee. He drinks it black." Mary said with a playful smile.  

"Why?!" Patton asked in disgust. "Have you ever even tried adding sugar??" disbelief was layered throughout Patton's voice. 
"No matter how much sugar I add, it will never be as sweet as you." Logan winked, causing Patton's face and the tips of his ears to turn a bright red. He smacked Logan's chest lightly. "Don't do that..." Patton whined. "Especially in front of everyone." The people in the room either laughed or smiled fondly.