Sunburn

~~~~~

A week into summer and nothing was going on. Currently, I was laying in Logan's front yard in shorts and a yellow t-shirt. I wasn't doing anything particular, just soaking up the sun. 

It was really hot in Florida, but I was like a lizard, laying under a heat lamp. And I felt amazing. Tomorrow, we were all meeting up at Roman's to go swimming. 

~~~~~~

About an hour later, Logan walked out and stood over me, blocking the sunlight from my eyes.

"I think you should put on some sunblock." Logan said, sitting down next to me. He gasped and suddenly pulled me up. "You're already so burnt!" I poked my face and immidiatly retracting my hand as soon as I felt the burn on my face. 

"I don't think you should go swimming tomorrow, you're going to get even worse." Logan told me, gently placing his hand on my chin and turning my face so he could see how bad the burn was. He turned to look at my legs, which were hardly even burnt apparently. 

"Nooo, I wanna go swimming!" I cried, tugging at the hem of his shirt. "Please Logi." I gave him my biggest, puppy dog eyes. He thought about it, eventually sighing. 

"I don't know...I'll think about it, but I really don't want you to get even more burnt." He stopped for a second, then stood up and pulled me with him.

"Let's get you inside." I reluctanly followed him, it was warm outside and it felt nice. "Logan, I'm cold now." I complained as we walked into the house. 

"I'm sorry but you have to come inside." He told me. However, after he closed the front door, he paused and walked up to me, snaking his arms around my waist and resting his forehead on mine. 

I placed my hands on his chest and let his warmth engulf me. I took in his comforting smell, and his comfortable embrace. 

We stood like that for a few minutes, just resting. I was happy being hugged by one of the most amazing people on this World. Logan is amazing, and I love him so so so much. 
But, being the lazy person I am, my legs were about to give out from standing for too long...So, my solution you may ask? Well, the stupid thing I asked was:

"Hey Logan...can you pick me up?" I asked, feeling my face getting warmer than it already was. But Logan wouldn't be able to tell that I was blushing becasue of my sunburn.

"Of course baby." And before I knew it Logan was picking me up, I quickly wrapped my legs around his waist, and moving my arms to loosely hang around his neck.

" 'hank you" I mumbled, nuzzleing my head in the crook of his neck. I felt Logan start walking and eventually sit down. Before I knew it though, I fell asleep.

~~~~~

"Patton?" I heard Mary call out to me.

"Patton, you have to wake up and eat dinner." I was being shaken awake. 

"Nuuu..." I mumbled, tightening my hold on Logan. All of a sudden I felt two hands pull at my waist. 
"Nuuuuu!" I said a bit louder, trying to keep my grasp on Logan for as long as possible.

"Dear, you must wake up." Logan said, trying to remove my hands from around him.

"Looogi" I complained.

"Mother, I don't think he's going to get up." 

"Well, I'll try one more time, if it doesn't work then I'm leaving it up to you to wake him up." Mary told him.

"Alright then, go ahead and try." Logan stopped trying to move my hands, I could tell he had given up and was waiting for Mary to try and get me up, but I didn't want to move.