The Decision

The judge and the jury were off deciding in a room somewhere. I was sitting in the seat next to Logan, staring at the floor with thoughts flowing through my mind.

Everything was too much and I hate it. I really just need the judge to agree to letting me live with Logan, I don't think  I can last if I had to live with my parents and brothers again.

"...Logan." I moved my attention off the floor and looked at him. Just looking at him and having the slight possibility that I have to leave him was enough to get my eyes to water.

"Yes, dear?" Logan asked, placing his hand on my cheek and wiping away a stray tear.

"I want you to know, even if they take me away from you, I love you so so so much." And then I was crying again.

"I know, I know. It's okay Patton, I promise, in the end, everything will be okay." Logan pulled me into an embrace and rubbed my back soothingly.

"I'm sorry, I never should have brought you into this mess." I told him, but he simply shushed me.

~~~~~

About an hour later the judge came back. They sat in the podium place and smashed the little mallet thing to get our attention.

"We have come to a decision. Patton Sanders is to remain with his parents until the age of 18, considering he is not providing money for himself and therefore cannot fend for himself if needed, he is to be sent back to live with his birth parents. Case dismissed." And then the bomb exploded and the tears rushed put. I wanted to scream and let out all my feelings but I couldn't.

"You can't do that!" Logan yelled at him. "You can't take him away from me, it's not right! It's not safe!" Logan was on the edge of the railing, looking ready to attack.

"L-logan." I pulled on his sleeve and tried my best to talk to him.

"He has until this Saturday to be back at his parents household, if not I will assume Mary Bright has kidnapped him and she will be held in custody until Patton is returned to his mother. Understood?" No one said anything. Logan was holding me tightly, afraid of losing me at this very second.

"Understood?" The judge asked a bit more strictly. "Yes." Logan said bitterly.

"Good." And with that the judge left the room.

"I'm sorry, I tried to convince them to let you stay with each other, I fought for you two and yet my word was nothing compared to the jury's. They're all a bit..." Mr.Shirogan was standing next to us, currently trying to find the right word to use.

"Homophobic?" Logan suggested. Mr.Shirogane nodded, a look of pity on his face.

"I'm deeply sorry, let me know if I can do anything to help." He offered. We nodded and then he left.

~~~~~

A week had gone by in an instant. With school taking up the majority of the time. Each night, Logan and I would lay in bed at seven pm and just talk until we fell asleep.

But now it was time for me to go. I was already crying as Mary drove to my house. Logan and I were sitting as close as possible to each other while Isabella and Thomas were sitting in their car seats.

"We're here." Mary said as she stopped outside my small house. I lived in a trailer and shared a room so it was pretty small.

"No." I heard Thomas say. I realized he was already crying. "Pat can't leave!" Thomas cried, covering his face with his hand. I forgot he was old enough to comprehend what was going on.

"It's okay Thomas, you'll see me again." I reassured him, even if that was a lie.

"I have to go now. I love you all so much." I kissed Thomas' head, then Isabella's. And finally I kissed Logan goodbye. I'd still be able to see him at school, but I wont be happy to be without him every minute of the day.

"Bye." I whispered to him and then climbed out of the car. I was in tears as soon as I stepped through the door. No one was in here, the car wasn't even here.

I was here alone. This is what I had been sent back to. To no one.

*TW: CUTTING AND BLOOD*

"...why?" I spoke quietly to myself. I rushed to the bathroom locked the door, and pulled out my razor that never moved from where I left it. Rolling up my sleeve I stared down at my arm.

What would Logan think of me?

What would Mary think of me?

I didn't take more than a minute on deciding before I made the first cut.

The blade was cold and clean. It glided over my skin carelessly. The pain felt good. My beating heart my my veins pop out more on my arm. I wouldn't cut those, that wouldn't be fair to Logan.

~~~~~

20 cuts later and I was still not satisfied. But I had to clean up before my parents got home. I quickly put my arm under the faucet and turned on the freezing cold water. I bit my tounge, ignoring the pain that I inflicted onto myself.

I didn't bother to bandage myself either, I didn't deserve it. I threw on my gray hoodie and walked into my room. Putting in earbuds and put my music in. It was loud enough to drown out every noise because I didn't want to be in this world. I sat on my floor while leaning against my wall. I simply let my tears flow.

~~~~~

I quickly opened my eyes once I felt someone kick me. I saw my oldest brother, Andrew looking down at me. Seeing him scared me so much that I had started crying all over again.

For some strange reason he pulled me up, I was unwilling but he still pulled me up, and hugged me. Holding me close to him as he tries to calm me down. This was new. He had never shown any feelings towards me other than annoyance, frustration or anger.

My arms were burning but this new feeling of being hugged by my brother made me feel somewhat better.

"I'm sorry." He said quietly. He held me for a few more minutes before letting me go. He walked out of the room as if nothing had happened.

Now I was feeling all sorts of different feelings. I just wanted it to stop. My breathing became too hard to control, I was gasping for air as I fell to my knees, my tears blocked my vision, I was getting light headed and my heart was going 100 times faster than it should be.

Someone walked into the room, I assumed it was my dad as this person looked like a giant from where I was.

"Living with your family is not that bad, get up off the floor and stop crying!" He wasn't yelling at me at first, but he gradually got there.

"Get up!" He shouted my breathing got worse. I couldn't see anything but I still tried my best to stand. But my best wasn't all that great. I was loopy from lack of oxygen.

"Stand up." He commanded again. As soon as I stood up on both my feet, I passed out. The last thing I could remember is my face landing flat in the floor.

~~~~~

~Have An Amazing Day!!