Flashback

I got home from school. My brothers were already inside, and unlike them I had homework. It normally took me like an hour or two to finish. So I would sit at the table and try to finish it before my family got tired enough to turn on the small T.V. in my dining room, they tended to turn it on a lot and it always distracted me from finishing homework.

By the time I had finished, it was six in the afternoon and dinner was done, my family had been in here for the past hour and so I was struggling to finish. But I did, so it was fine. My parents had cooked chicken and yellow rice, which had always been a bit too spicy for me, but I ate it anyways. I was the first to finish, and wanted to get a shower, but my family had put on a new show I wanted to watch, so I stayed.

I regreted staying, the show was good, but my family was a pain. At the last commercial break I had picked up a pen off the table and started to draw on my skin. I was wearing jeans with holes on my knees, so I doodled there. I always loved to draw, normally on pen though, it made it easier to shade for me and whatnot.

Andrew had moved my pen, that I had self consciously been digging into my skin, and then both my parents asked what I was doing.
"He's drawing on himself again." Andrew said, which was true, but he didn't need to point that out.

"Stop that." My dad said somewhat calmly, but my mom had raised her voice at me. I got frightened then and there, but couldn't cry in front of them because I was afraid that I would get in even more trouble.

"Its alright to draw on yourself in the middle of class when there's nothing else to do, but now? No." My dad tried to explain, which didn't make any sense to me. Mom always told me that it was a waste of ink to draw on skin, but Dad always found my drawings to be so cool. They confused me. One always said yes, the other a no, and they always switched.

My mom told me to go take a shower and rinse off what I was drawing, so I walked out of the room, but not crying until I knew it was safe, until I knew my family couldn't see me, until I knew that I was far enough away to not get in trouble for crying.

~~~~~

I couldn't sleep that night, the tears wouldn't stop pouring. I couldn't contain the panic attack I was having. I was going to die. By the time it was two in the morning, I couldn't take it anymore, I had to get up in 3 hours and I haven't slept at all. I got so fed up with it, and so I took my earbuds and tried to tie them around my neck tight enough to at least make me pass out, but no matter ho hard I tried, it wouldn't work, so I gave up.

I got up and walked into my kitchen to take a sleeping pill, which knocked me out in minutes.

~~~~~

I got up at 5:30, my brothers weren't up, and probably wouldn't be awake until 6. It wasn't fair that they got to sleep later than I did, but I never complained. I quickly got dressed, and left to wait at the bus stop by myself, it was freezing out, but I didn't care very much.

~~~

The bus got here an hour later, and my brothers never showed up. I ended up riding the bus by myself, which was fine with me. It was dark out and that calmed me down, on top of that I had earbuds in and my music was also calming me down, it's nice to be in a calm state for once. 

~~~~~

"Good morning Lo~" I said sleepily as I walked into the school. "I hope we get snow days soon, because it's getting way too cold outside. 

"Good morning to you as well Patton." Logan said placing his book down.

"How come you put your book down to greet Patton, but you avoid me as soon as I had gotten here?" Roman asked. I couldn't help but laugh at the friendly bicker he was trying to start. "Calm down Roman, it's too early for this."

~~~~~

This chapter was short for a reason :)

~Have An Amazing Day!!