I • Friday Night Plans

Comment and Vote
908 words

§

"Finn Wolfhard, famous actor and the lead guitarist and singer for the rock band Calpurnia, did an interview with us today, discussing his career as a singer and actor and his upcoming movies. The details of his interview will be up shortly-"

"Sadie, will you turn that damn thing off?" Millie complained, her head turning back to look at her friend.

"Why? What's wrong with it?" Sadie asked, raising an eyebrow.

Millie sighed and rubbed her temples, the name imprinted into her brain. Finn Wolfhard: Famous Actor. Finn Wolfhard: Member of Calpurnia. Finn Wolfhard: Heartthrob. "That guy's name. I've just heard it way too many times. He's all anyone ever talks about and it's annoying."

"Mills, he's famous. He's popular. Of course he's going to be talked about by people." Sadie shrugged. "Finn is an amazing actor and singer and he's just damn gorgeous."

Millie rolled her eyes as Sadie sighed dreamily. "You have a boyfriend Sades. Stop crushing on Finn."

"I am not crushing on-" Sadie suddenly squealed and turned up the volume on the tv.

"Calpurnia will be performing an exclusive show at Black Diamonds Nightclub in California this Friday for actor Jaeden Lieberher- now, Jaeden Martell's girlfriend, Maddie Ziegler's birthday party. Sorry fans, no tickets will be available to the public for this show, but we'll make sure we have exclusive pictures and footage for all of you."

Sadie instantly reached for her phone and dialled Lilia's phone number. Millie let out an annoyed sigh as Sadie and Lilia began to make plans for something Millie couldn't decipher.

She watched the tv screen quietly, taking in the details of the actor and singer who was on the screen. Finn Wolfhard. Dark curls. Dark eyes. High cheekbones. Pale skin. A charming yet sly smile on his lips. Millie shook her head, not understanding why he was so popular. Sure, he was good looking, but Millie never saw him as one to be fangirled over or to be obsessed with.

Nearly everyone Millie knew was starstruck by Finn Wolfhard, but not her.

Millie was shaken out of her thoughts by Sadie's excited squeals and laughs. "What is it now? Finn post a shirtless picture on Instagram or something again?"

"Unfortunately, not this time. But me and Lilia made plans to sneak into Black Diamonds Nightclub to see Calpurnia."

Millie couldn't help laugh, "And how exactly are you going to do that? It isn't for fans, it's exclusively for all those other famous people who will be at the birthday party."

"We just have to look famous and sneak in. Easy." Sadie grinned, jumping up and down on her bed like a 10 year old girl. "Come with us; it'll be fun."

"I'm not going to get in trouble for sneaking into a famous person's birthday party. I'm too young to go to jail."

"You need to live a little. You always complain that life is boring so have some fun. We'll have a girls night: Mills, Lils and Sades."

Millie sighed, "Fine I'll go with you. I got nothing better to do on Friday anyways."

Sadie let out another excited squeal and proceeded to text and fangirl with Lilia as Millie watched the interview on the tv. "I don't get it," Millie thought out loud, "He's not worth fangirling over. He's just another...guy."

Millie wouldn't understand, not yet at least, about why Finn Wolfhard was worth the fangirling and the fan accounts and all the other things the fans did for him. He was good looking and talented -Millie would admit that much- but besides that, he was nothing more than another teenage guy.

She was really the only one that saw him that way but didn't mind. She had her goals and plans to get out of her boring life and a stupid guy wasn't going to get in her way.

§ § §

"Both of you are obsessed; Millie is the only sane one in your little group." Caleb sighed as he parked his car at the front of the school and looked back at Millie, Lilia and Sadie who sat in the backseat.

"What are you talking about?" Sadie asked, giggling. "He's an amazing singer and actor; what's not to love about him."

"He's arrogant and obsessed with his fame," Millie interrupted, "his friends are the same way."

"His friends are cute, especially Noah Schnapp." Lilia smiled, covering the blush on her cheeks. "And I'm not as obsessed with Finn as Sadie is. Looks like you have some competition Caleb."

"Oh shut up and get out of my car, Buckingham."

Sadie pressed a kiss against her boyfriend's cheek before climbing out of the car along with the other girls who began to make their way towards the doors. Millie began to walk down the halls, her eyes wandering to see the photos of Finn Wolfhard and Calpurnia plastered on the insides of students' lockers. She let out a sigh and let her mind wander.

"Millie? You there?" Sadie shook her shoulder, making her snap out of her thoughts.

Millie blinked and nodded, "Yeah sorry. What did you say?"

"We were just talking about our plans for Friday and that we'd meet at my house before we go." Lilia smiled and playfully hit her friend's shoulder.

"Okay, got it." Millie managed to smile as the school bell rang.

Millie already knew that she would regret agreeing to go out on Friday with the girls.