X • Extraordinary

Comment and Vote ❤️
1060 words

§

Friday

"I'm a sucker for you, say the word and I'll go anywhere blindly!" She sang, pulling out a tube of mascara from her drawer, finishing her light makeup look. She continued to hum along to the Jonas Brothers song as she made her way to her crowded closet. "God, I can't believe I agreed to this," Millie muttered to herself, beginning to dig through her closet for something to wear.

She wanted an outfit that wouldn't get her hit on or noticed for being underage in a nightclub. Even Finn was underage (by California law) and he didn't seem to care nor be worried about sneaking into a nightclub and drinking illegally. He seemed fearless and reckless without a care in the world and Millie honestly questioned that boy sometimes.

Finally she settled on black and white patterned dress with a slightly revealing neckline and short, flowing skirt. Just because she didn't want it get hit on didn't mean she didn't want to look pretty. She slipped on the dress, paring it with a pair of heeled ankle boots, vaguely able to remember which of her friends these boots belonged to. Millie quickly ran a flat iron through her hair and glanced in the mirror, nodding slightly in approval of how she looked.

"Millie," Ava screamed, her high pitched voice echoing through the house. "Sadie and Lilia are here!"

"One second Ava," Millie replied, grabbing her cell phone and making her way downstairs.

"Who's car is that?" Her father, Robert asked, peering through the window at the car parked at the end of the driveway.

"Oh its Lilia's brother's car. He's dropping us off at the party," Millie lied, her web continuing to grow.

Robert nodded. "Okay then, be home by 11pm or call us."

Millie nodded and hurriedly walked outside and to the car, quickly climbing in and hitting Finn's arm for him to start driving immediately.

"What's the rush princesss?" Finn asked, driving down the road. "Hi, by the way."

"Hi, and my dad was watching us and he thinks I'm going out with my friends," she replied, glancing back at her house through the back window.

"Well, we are friends, aren't we baby?"

Millie looked at him. "I guess so." She shrugged a shoulder and turned to look out her window.

"You look nice by the way," he said, glancing over at the girl next to him. "I'm still a little surprised you actually agreed to go out with me and I didn't get stood up."

Millie brushed a strand of her hair back. "I'm not like that, I keep my word and don't stand people up."

"You're different," he sighed, taking a turn, looking at Millie from the corner of his eye, slightly struggling to keep his focus off of her.

"And?"

"And I like it," Finn replied simply, turning to the girl next to him, lightly biting his lower lip.

"Well thanks." She smiled slightly. "I'll take that as a compliment."

"Good, because it is a compliment princess." He smiled, continuing to drive. "You're unique and different and it's a nice change."

"A nice change from what?" she asked, turning to look at him.

"From the ordinary fans and crazy crowds and people."

"Ah." Millie nodded. "I guess the world gets boring after a while if everyone acts the same and is the same."

Finn nodded in agreement. "Yeah exactly. That's why California gets so boring sometimes; everyone is either obsessed with fame or making money. But then there's you." He looked over at her. "Then there's you, completely different and is just wanting some fun." He parked the car across the street from Black Diamonds Nightclub, his focus now on Millie.

"I've told you this before, I don't care if you're famous." She said softly, a soft smile playing on her lips.

"I know princess, and I like it."

Millie looked out the window, now noticing where they were. She looked back at him nervously. "Finn we're both underage; what if we get caught? I'm too young to go to jail."

He turned off the car and turned to look at her. "Don't worry about it sweetheart. It's going to be fine as long as you stay by my side."

Millie nodded slightly and got out of the car, following Finn. A frown formed on her lips as he walked past the main entrance and along the side of the building. "Um Finn, why are we back here?"

"Just watch," he said simply and made his way to the familiar 'Back Exit' door that Finn had hit her with days ago. He knocked a pattern of the metal door, waiting a moment and stepping back as it swung open.

"Hey Wolfhard, what's up?" Tayler Holder said, pushing the door open, his eyes landing on Millie, "Who's the hottie?"

"Her name is Millie, she's my friend," Finn sighed. "And don't hit on her; she's 17 and you're 24. Come on Tayler, let us in."

"Fine, only because you're friends with Jack and the girl is stunning," Tayler replied, closing the door behind them. "And age is just a number."

Millie looked around, noticing they were backstage. She tugged the skirt of her dress down, walking off to look at the crowded room below the stage. She couldn't help but appreciate that Finn was being somewhat protective over her. Millie began to relax a little, knowing that she should be safe at Finn's side.

Soon Finn returned to her side, leading her off stage. "That's Tayler Holder; he and his friend Bryce Hall are kind of in charge here. Tayler knows me and a friend of mine, Jack Grazer pretty well so he lets me and my friends hang out here sometimes even if I'm not performing."

Millie nodded, looking around at the crowded room. "Can we go get drinks?" She reconized the name, realizing this Jack Grazer was the same one who had stopped her on the street.

Finn slowly grinned. "Sure princess," He gestured to the stairs on the side of the stage that led down to the floor. "After you."

§

This chapter was going to be way longer (over 2000 words) but I decided to split it up.

Note: Go check out the cast list on the very first chapter because new characters have been added and will make an appearance next chapter.

Hope you're liking the book, this are gonna get crazy next chapter.