XIII • Just Strangers

Comment and Vote❤️
1300 words

§

"You drive so slow Jack!" Lilia whined, looking at her brother from the passengers seat.

Jack sighed, "You asked me drop you three off at the beach so shut up and stop complaining Lils." He turned into the parking lot by the beach. "Have fun, don't die, Sadie don't let Caleb get you pregnant." He smirked, glancing at his sister who shared the same smirk.

"Hey!" Sadie complained. "You Buckinghams are mean."

"At least I'm not a kitchen sink like you Sades." Lilia laughed, getting out of the car and grabbing her bag. "Come on Mills."

Millie climbed out of the car, a black bikini over her body with a t-shirt and shorts thrown over. She waved at Jack and made her way to the beach, setting her things down next to the boys.

"Hey Mills," Caleb said. "How are y- damn my girl looks hot." His attention turned to the redhead who had made her way down the beach, whistling as Sadie came close.

"Thanks, I'm fine Caleb." Millie rolled her eyes and sat on a chair, stripping off her t-shirt and placing it in her bag. She looked out at the water, a soft sigh escaping her lips.

Lilia placed her things on the chair next to Millie's. You want to go swimming baby?"

"Maybe in a bit," Millie replied, sending her friend a sweet smile before checking the time again.

Lilia noticed her friends actions and asked, "What's with you checking the time so often?" She teased, "You have a hot guy you're supposed to meet or something babe?"

'Yeah, pretty much,' Millie thought but said, "Of course not Lils, I have to leave around 1:00 though; my mom needs my help with something." That was clearly a lie; Millie was going to be meeting up with Finn then.

Lilia nodded. "You think there are any cute guys on this beach that I could steal?"

"I'm single Lilia!" Gaten shouted. "Steal me."

Lilia sighed, "Let me rephrase that: you think there are any cute guys on this beach, not Gaten, who I could steal?"

"Ouch Lils," Gaten called. "don't go breaking my heart."

Millie giggled. "We both know you have eyes for one guy."

"Its not my fault that God made Noah Schnapp so fucking perfect." Lilia couldn't stop the smile from forming on her lips as she tucked a strand of her blonde hair back.

"Say that a little louder Lils," Sadie said playfully. "I don't think Indiana heard you."

"Oh shut up Sadie." Lilia laughed, playfully hitting the redhead's arm.

"Hey girls come here," Caleb called from down the beach, "we're going to bury Gaten!"

"I'll stay here." Millie laughed, leaning back in her chair as Sadie and Lilia ran down the beach, their red and blonde hair flying out behind them as the made their way over to the boys.

Millie adjusted her bikini top and looked around the beach, her eyes eventually landing on two boys who laid shirtless on lawn chairs a little further down the beach. She slowly pulled out her phone and opened her Instagram. She typed in a name and opened Finn Wolfhard's story, a smile forming on her lips as she realized her suspicion was correct. On Finn's story was a picture of himself and another guy- Millie soon realized to be Noah Schnapp- laying shirtless on lawn chairs.

She slowly got up and made her way over to them, taking a seat on a lawn chair next to Finn. Finn glanced over at Millie, a smirk forming on his lips as he directed his attention back to the blue water in front of them. Millie saw Noah glance over at her but she kept a straight face and looked straight ahead at the water.

"Hot day, isn't it?" Finn asked casually, glancing over at Millie, a slight smile playing on his lips.

"Yeah it sure is," Millie replied, turning her head to look at Finn.

"Do you two know each other?" Noah asked, looking at his friend.

"Nope, we're just strangers," Finn and Millie replied in unison, making them both burst into a fit of giggles and laughs.

"What are you doing here?" Millie asked, subconsciously tugging up her bikini top. "I was going to meet you later."

"We finished up work early and came here to hang out for a bit before I was supposed to meet with you," Finn replied. "You look good by the way baby." Millie rolled her eyes, letting her eyes quickly scan across his chest and torso, catching Finn's attention. "You like what you see baby girl?"

She rolled her eyes and replied smoothly, "My eyes are up here Wolfhard." She snapped her fingers in front of Finn's face.

"You're not Thanos, sweetheart; no need to snap your fingers."

"Stop the flirting, its cute but stop," Noah interrupted after a moment. He took a close look at Millie and smiled. "Ah, you're the girl Finn followed on Instagram. She's cute, Wolfhard. I'm surprised you haven't broken your rule yet."

"Rule?" Millie asked curiously, looking between both boys.

"Nothing princess, don't worry about it," Finn said quickly, giving Noah a look. Finn didn't need Millie knowing about his rule. His "No falling in love" rule was strong and he had even told Millie that no girl deserved to be thrown around in a relationship since he would be leaving so often, hence the rule he had made.

"Hey Finn, we got a problem," Noah said, glancing over the back of the chair at the parking lot.

Finn cursed and slipped on his shirt. "You have to be fucking kidding me."

"What's wrong?" Millie asked, looking at the parking lot.

"Paparazzi," Noah said simply, throwing on his shirt and a pair of sunglasses.

"Both of you hurry up; we need to leave, now," Finn said strictly. "Princess, grab your things and meet me at my car. It's the-"

"It's the dark blue convertible, got it." Millie smiled, grabbing her things and going over to her friends, "Hey guys, my mom called, I have to go."

"Okay bye Mills," Sadie and Lilia said in unison, each girl kissing Millie's cheeks.

Meanwhile, Finn and Noah walked up the beach, each going to their separate cars. Noah couldn't help but focus on the blonde Millie was talking to before getting in his car. He waved at Finn and started his car, glancing at the girl with blonde hair before driving off.

"What does your mom need you for?" Caleb asked, looping an arm around Sadie's waist.

"Uh, she needs me to babysit Ava for the afternoon," Millie lied, hoping it wasn't too obvious.

Gaten looked Millie in the eyes and nodded slightly. He pulled Millie into a hug a whispered near her ear. "Since when are you this secretive Mills? It was always Sadie's job to be the secretive one."

Millie tensed up slightly and pulled away, beginning to walk to the parking lot. She glanced back at Gaten who gave her a wink and a smile, signalling that everything was all right and there was no need for her to worry. She made her way to Finn's car and placed her hand on the passengers side door. Before she could open it, Finn opened the door for her and hitting her arm.

Millie rolled her eyes and looked at Finn from the now open door. "You really need to stop doing that."

"Deja vu," Finn replied, gesturing for Millie to hurriedly get in. She climbed into the car and Finn quickly drove off. Millie pulled out her shirt and slipped it on. "You didn't need to put that shirt on baby girl."

"Whatever Finn." Millie rolled her eyes and glanced out at the road ahead of them.

Finn smirked and slipped on a pair of sunglasses. "Next stop, central LA, aka Hollywood."

§

So Gaten is catching on and Noah has noticed Lilia (who likes Noah). And Finn and Millie are going out together. Soon, the focus will be on two other characters for one chapter, then it will switch back to being focused on Finn and/or Millie.