V • Angel

Comment and Vote
900 words

§

"I'll give you 2 free tickets to my next show if you don't scream my name," Finn nearly pleaded, closing the bedroom door.

"I wasn't planning on freaking out exactly. Mind telling me why I'm here?" Millie asked, taking a moment to tug down the short skirt of her dress.

"Well I wasn't exactly going to leave a 16 year old girl unconscious in an alley way where she could get hurt or raped," Finn replied, taking a seat on the edge of the bed. "That wouldn't have been very nice."

"No shit," she scoffed. "And I'm 17 by the way." Millie rolled her eyes and sighed, taking a moment to smooth out her skirt and firmly tug it down again.

"So no 'thank you' or 'wow thanks for saving my life and not leaving me in an alley to die'?" He asked, running a hand through his hair, taking a moment to look at her features. She simply shrugged, finishing off the water in the bottle in her hand. "Not even an 'oh my god you're so hot; sign my forehead'?"

Millie held back a laugh, "What do I look like to you, some desperate white bitch who wants to get famous off of being seen with you?"

"I think that's an insult to desperate white bitches, princess," Finn replied, plastering a grin on his face. "I didn't get your name."

"Well I didn't exactly throw it, now did I?" Millie sighed, slipping on her sneakers. "My name is Millie; don't call me princess, Finn."

He let out a sigh in relief, "Okay so you do know who I am? Thank god, I thought I actually met a girl who wasn't a fan of me for a moment."

"I never said I was a fan of you; I just know your name and the fact that you're an actor and a musician."

"Okay, you haven't been living under a rock then; good to know," Finn grinned. "Seriously though, I saved your life. Do I not get a thank you? I'm practically your angel. Any other girl would be at my feet thanking me right now."

"God I was right, you really are obsessed with your fame," She mumbled before turning back to Finn. "And you're not my angel. And I think you should be saying sorry to me for hitting me with the door, Wolfhard."

"I am an angel, I got a halo above my head and wings on my back, baby girl." He gave her a smirk and ran a hand through his curls. "Plus, hitting you with that door was a mistake... or maybe it was meant to be. You know what a soulmate is?"

"I know what a soulmate is, I'm not stupid like some people. And I'm 100% sure that was a mistake and we aren't soulmates." She stood up and sighed, "Just take me home, will you?"

"As you wish princess," he grinned, pulling out his car keys. "As your angel, it is my responsibility to take you home safely. I better get some sort of payment from you a-"

He went quiet as Millie smacked him with a pillow from the bed. "Stop flirting with me and take me home. I would have left earlier if I knew you would want some 'payment', asshole. Now take me home."

"Damn you're feisty, I like it." He smirked and made his way down the stairs and outside, Millie close behind him. He brought her to a dark blue convertible and got in the drivers seat while Millie sat next to him "Address?"

"35311 Sage Street," she replied, buckling her seatbelt.

He nodded and pulled out of the driveway and down the road. "I should give this to you before I forget." He pulled Millie's cellphone out of his pocket and placed it in her hand, "I found this in the alley."

"Thanks," she sighed, checking her phone to see the 13 missed calls from Lilia and 11 text messages from Sadie. She placed her phone in the hoodie pocket and brushed her dark hair back, not even noticing that Finn was looking at her.

He was starting to build up an admiration for the girl in the seat next to him, liking her feisty attitude. He soon reached Millie's house and parked in the driveway, "See you around, princess."

"See you never Wolfhard; stop with the nicknames," she replied and climbed out of the car, disappearing into her house, gently closing the door behind her. Finn stayed in her driveway for a moment before driving off, making his way to Noah Schnapp's house.

Meanwhile, Millie made her way through the silent and dark house and up the stairs to her bedroom, praying that no one was awake. She flipped on the bedroom lights and went to change out of the dress, realizing she forgot to give the hoodie back. She could smell the faint scent of his cologne lingering on the fabric.

Millie changed out of the dress, placing the hoodie on her desk. Turning out the lights, she climbed into bed, pressing her hand against the forming bump she had. Spending a moment to remember the events of the day, she closed her eyes and fell asleep, trying to figure out what Finn Wolfhard had mean by 'see you around'.

She thought she would never see him again, but boy she was wrong.