XX • Invitation

Comment and Vote ❤️
1200 words

§

Everything kind of began to go downhill when a notification appeared on Millie's phone as she waited for the results of her quiz. As Millie looked at the screen, waiting for the results to load, she had received a text which Sadie had ended up seeing and would scream for hours over.

____________________

Instagram: New message from finnwolfhardoffical: Hey baby, how are you?

____________________

"Millie," Sadie said slowly, her eyes on Millie's phone. "Why do you have a text from Finn Wolfhard?"

"I'm gonna need some Tylenol," Lilia muttered, going to the cabinets to search for the pills.

Millie explained the story to Sadie, again leaving out the details she hadn't told Lilia. She continued to glance at the loading screen, almost nervous for what the result would be. She wasn't exactly sure what she wanted her results to be. Part of her wanted the results to be negative, saying she had no feelings for Finn. But somewhere in her heart and her head, she had the feeling she wanted the opposite.

"So," Sadie looked at her friends, "you're telling me that Millie is talking to the Finn Wolfhard?" Millie nodded and both girls covered their ears as Sadie began to scream and fangirl. "My Millie-"

"Our Millie," Lilia interrupted, swallowing a few Tylenol pills with a glass of water.

"-who said she didn't like Finn Wolfhard, is talking to him and has hung out with him?" Sadie squealed happily. "You have to let me meet him, please Mills? You can keep my black jacket that you love." She pressed her hands together and looked at Millie.

"She doesn't need to borrow it, dear Sadie," Lilia grinned, "because Finn bought the jacket for her!" Both girls began to squeal while Millie covered her ears.

"Holy shit, can you not break my eardrums today?" Millie sighed, looking at her laptop from the corner of her eye and closing it quickly, her heart racing in shock after seeing the results. "And maybe you can meet him, and maybe Lilia's boyfriend, Noah Schnapp, too."

Sadie squealed again. "Both of you have celebrity boyfriends! This is like some story or something."

"Whoa, whoa, Finn is not my boyfriend," Millie held up a hand at Sadie, "as for Noah and Lilia, I'm not sure of where they stand currently." She teased, attempting to distract her friends from the quiz and the laptop she had closed. "For all we know, Miss Lilia here could have a hazel eyed, perfect smile baby coming soon."

"Oh shut up!" Lilia laughed, pushing Millie's shoulder lightly. "And maybe Miss Millie here will have a curly haired, dark eyed baby coming soon."

"Again, he's not my boyfriend Lils."

"What did your little love quiz say Millie?" Lilia asked, a coy smirk forming on her lips as she looked at the closed laptop, of course knowing Millie would lie.

Millie bit her lip, debating over her next words. "It hasn't loaded yet," she sighed at her new lie.

"Stupid technology," Sadie sighed, continuing to talk with Lilia, Finn's name appearing many times in their conversation.

Millie contributed to the conversation to some extent, covering her ears to block out Sadie's squeals. She changed the topic many times to distract herself, but her mind was stuck on the text on her phone and the quiz results she had seen from the corner of her eye.

§ § §

Millie laid curled up on her bed later that day, her eyes so focused on the ceiling that they had begun to water. She was avoiding, well attempting to avoid what she had read on her laptop. She had seen her quiz results and what she had read felt like a reality slap in the face.

'You like them! You haven't fully accepted or realized it, but you have admiration and a likeness towards the person. Pursue your feelings, you never know, they might feel the same.' Those were the results she had read and she still couldn't seem to fully understand her results. She liked Finn? Oh please, she thought that wasn't true until she remembered the way shivers ran through her spine at the kiss on her hand and how the smile remained plastered on her face until the following morning and how her heart had skipped a beat when she had seen him last night.

"Holy shit," Millie said out loud, looking at her ceiling. "I think I have feelings. Ew." She laughed softy, her smile faltering. "No way," she sighed, running a hand through her hair as realization smacked her in the face.

Her ringing cell phone shook her out of her thoughts, making her head turn to look at the ringing device. Millie answered the call, "Can I help you?" she said with a hint of annoyance in her voice.

"Ouch baby girl, what's with the biting tone?" Finn asked playfully, the sound of her voice making a smile form on his face.

Millie's eyes widened. "Sorry, I didn't see the caller ID properly," she said quickly. "What's up Finnie?"

"Nothing really, but I had a question, well its more like an invitation." Finn's words made Millie's heart skip a beat. "I have-"

Two voices began laughing in the background, follows by imitations of Finn's words.

Finn sighed, "One second." He yelled, "Both of you shut the fuck up before I stitch your mouths shut!" A door slammed and silence filled the call. "Sorry about that my princess."

Millie smiled, letting her eyes fall closed at the nickname. "Its okay Finn, now what was it?" Her results about having feelings felt more real now; part of her was nervous about her new feelings and another part of her made butterflies run through her and grins form on her lips at Finn's words.

"I have an invitation. I have a performance tomorrow, which is Saturday night, at Black Diamonds Nightclub and I was well, kind of wondering if you... and uh, a few of your friends would like to come to the show." Finn mainly wanted Millie there, but not wanting to make his feelings obvious (since feelings were considered a dangerous thing to him), he had decided it was best to invite Millie's friends along as well. "I mean, we can act like we don't know each other in front of your friends if you prefer. I want you there though." Finn bit his lip, realizing what he had just said.

"Well, my two best friends kind of know that I know you." She laughed softly, making Finn smile. "But I'm sure they'd like to come with me. And sure, I'll come, it sounds like fun."

"Okay, cool, got it." Finn smiled, running a hand through his curls. "I guess I'll see you tomorrow then angel."

"Yeah." She smiled, a part of her looking forward to seeing him. "I'll see you then." She sighed and hung up the phone, noticing the smile that laid on her lips after hearing Finn's voice.

Finn grinned and set his phone down, already planning on how to make this performance worth it for Millie. But most importantly, he was just excited for this chance to see her again.

§

So Millie has feelings for Finn, and vice versa! Hope you enjoyed