III • The Back Alley

Comment and Vote
770 words

§

"Thanks again for performing here," Jaeden grinned, briefly hugging Finn as he set the guitar down. "Maddie is pretty happy, which means I'll have a good night now." He smirked and threw an arm around Finn's shoulders. "You got any plans tonight? Any girl meeting you at your place later?

Finn laughed and ran a hand through his curls, "No problem. I should get going before any fans in the area find me." He placed his jacket over his shoulder and began to walk to the back stairs. "And no, I got to deal with my parents when I get home."

"I'll come with you. Maddie is meeting me at my place later."

"Make sure you guys use protection. I don't need a baby Jaeden running around." Finn laughed, punching Jaeden's shoulder playfully.

Jaeden rolled his eyes. "There's something called the pull-out method Wolfhard."

"Why do I even bother hanging out with you guys..." Alya spoke up, rolling her eyes. "You guys are gross."

"That's what happens when you're in a band with 3 guys and 1 of the guys has a horny friend." Jack laughed, wrapping an arm around Alya's shoulders.

"Okay that's enough." Finn grinned, "Good set guys. I'll see you soon."

"Bye Finn." Alya said, cracking a smile and pushing Jack's arm off of her.

"See you later man." Malcom grinned, "Oh yeah, Noah said he'll call you tomorrow. Something about that movie you guys are doing together I think."

Finn nodded slightly, "Okay bye guys." He slipped on his jacket and made his way towards the stairs.

"Wolfhard," Jack called, throwing a pair of black sunglasses at Finn. "You forgot these." Jack coughed and muttered, "Crazy Maddie alert."

"Finnie!" Maddie giggled, running over to Finn and hugging him tight. "Thanks for performing at my party. You... and Calpurnia were amazing." She smiled playfully, teasingly biting her lower lip, earning an annoyed look from Jaeden. She constantly flirted with Finn, mainly to annoy Jaeden and to rile him up, but also because of how much she had fallen for Finn, though she couldn't leave Jaeden.

"No problem Mads... I'd love to stay and chat but I got to go." Finn quickly kissed her cheek before walking down the back stairs, slipping the sunglasses over his eyes and throwing his arm over Jaeden's shoulder.

"I'll see you at my place babe." Jaeden smiled and pecked Maddie's lips before following Finn down the stairs that led to behind the back alley of the building.

§ § §

Millie still sat on the hood of the car, waiting for Lilia and Sadie -who were still inside Black Diamonds- to come out. She had decided not to go back into the crowded and heated room, the amount of people and noise making her feel claustrophobic. Millie shivered slightly from the cool air around her and glanced at the main doors of building, waiting hopefully for her friends to return.

She tugged down the short skirt of her dress and sighed impatiently, waiting for Lilia and Sadie to return from the building. Finally she stood up and walked to the building, glancing at the doors before making her way to the side of the building. Millie walked nervously through the dark alleyway, thankful she had worn sneakers instead of Lilia's uncomfortable heels.

Millie rubbed her arms as a cool breeze blew around her and she circled through the back alley and around the back of the building, looking for another door. She knocked on the door she found marked 'Back Exit'. She continued to walk, hoping she would run into Sadie or Lilia soon. She sighed as she made her way back to the front of the building and continues to walk back around and into the alley.

Just as she passed by the 'Back Exit' door, it opened suddenly, the impact of the door sending her stumbling back a few feet. Millie pressed a hand to her head and leaned against the building wall as her eyes fell to the two guys who had just walked out of said door.

"Shit, you okay?" The guy with dark curls and sunglasses asked her.

Millie felt herself nod as the world around her began to spin.

"So you just smack her in the face with a door and you aren't gonna apologize? Really Wolfhard? That ain't how you treat a lady." The other guy said, smacking the guy with curls upside the head.

'Wolfhard?' Millie thought quickly before she felt her eyes close and her world went dark.

§

So what do you guys think of this book so far?