XXXIII • Paparazzi Photos

Comment and Vote
1100 words

§ 

Finn's show in Los Angeles had finally come to an end, the cheering fans' screams echoing in his ears as he walked off stage. He pushed the curtain back into place, a grin forming on his face as the fans continued to cheer.

"Oh my god Finn!"

"One more song! One more song!"

"Sign my forehead!"

"Sign my t-"

"They're fucking crazy." Jack laughed, looking at Finn as he walked over to him.

"That was fucking awesome!" Finn set his guitar down, grinning and high-fiving Jack who stood back stage. "I'm living the life of a fucking rockstar. You hear those fans screaming my name? I don't even need to get one into my bedroom."

Jack laughed again, handing Finn a drink. "It was a good show, nice job." Jack watched as Finn hurriedly drank the liquor. "You act like you've never had booze before, Wolfhard."

"Oh shut up," Finn said playfully, setting the empty glass down. "It's that adrenaline rush, y'know. Plus," he shrugged, "I like alcohol."

Jack looked at the empty glass and shook his head. "You're going to end up being an alcoholic one day Finn."

"I can handle my alcohol," Finn replied. "I'm an adult."

"More like a fuckboy," Jack muttered. "Any plans for later?"

Finn shrugged, reaching for a bottle of whiskey from the table. "Not yet. I'll see what happens."

"I swear to god if you hook up with a fan, I will break your dick."

Finn choked on his drink, laughing between coughs. "You better not kick me there Grazer." He ran a hand through his hair as he composed himself. "I'm going to go grab my jacket, I left it on stage."

Setting his glass down, he slipped past the curtain again and walked across the stage. Everyone had cleared out of the room, except for a few lingering people. Picking up his jacket, his head turned at the sound of laughter.

A girl stood at the side of the room, her phone held to her ear and slightly slurred words escaping her lips. Finn walked down the steps, making his way over to the girl. "Hey."

She set her phone down. "Oh my god you're Finn Wolfhard!" Her eyes lit up. "I'm a huge fan."

"Nice to meet you," Finn replied. "Do you need a ride out of her?"

"Maybe." A pout formed across her red lips. "Can you walk me outside?"

Finn could smell the alcohol lingering on her breath as she spoke. She had bright green eyes and dirty blonde hair that fell over her shoulders is curls. She held a denim jacket under one arm, her skirt awfully short and her top not leaving too much to the imagination.

"I could." Finn couldn't stop the smirk from tugging at the corner of his lips. "Let's go baby." He led her out the back door and to the front of the building. He slipped on his jacket, looking around at the quiet street. "Is your car here?"

Before the girl could reply, her lips were on his and his hands had begun to wander up her sides. The next thing he knew, he was in the back seat of his car with a girl whose name he never knew.

§ § §

Jack ran his hand through his hair. "So you're telling me that you hooked up with a fan, the paparazzi saw you before you got in your car with her, and now the media posted photos of you?"

Finn rubbed the back of his neck, his head tilted down in embarrassment. "I was drunk okay," he whined. He sighed and stood up, beginning to pace around his living room. "I didn't know anyone took photos, and I don't remember what happened after."

"You stumbled back into the building with hickeys up and down your neck and lied to my face." Jack looked at Finn. "Also, this." He kicked Finn harshly in the crotch.

Finn fell to his knees. "I kind of want kids one day Grazer!" he groaned, shutting his eyes.

Jack shrugged. "I told you I'd kick you there if you hooked up with a fan." He held out his hand, helping Finn back to his feet.

"Look, I just need those photos gone before Millie sees them," Finn said, wincing as he took a seat. "I don't know what to do."

"Yeah you're screwed Finn." Jack took a seat next to Finn. "Have fun with this mess."

If looks could kill, Jack would be dead on the floor. Finn gave him a look before burying his head in his hands.

§ § §

Millie slowly clicked the article on her screen. "Hey Lilia?" She watched as the website loaded.

"Yeah?"

"Come here please."

Lilia took a seat next to Millie, adjusting the towel over her shoulders. "What is it Mills? You look like you've seen a ghost."

"Finn Wolfhard seen in downtown LA with a girl before getting into his car with her," Millie read, a frown forming on her lips as she clicked on the photo. "Actor Finn Wolfhard is seen lip-locked with a blonde near Lotus Theater before getting into his car with her. The girl's name is unknown, neither is the date of the photos."

Millie looked at the photo closely, a sigh escaping her lips. She let her phone fall onto the bed, the image on the screen. Millie felt a slight tug in her heart, her mind becoming blank as she stared at the screen. Her doubts of Finn had begun to change, but this single image changed her mind once again. 'He's arrogant and obsessed with his fame,' Millie had once said. 'His friends are the same way.' Maybe she had been right all along.

"You okay?" Lilia asked. "I'm sure the photos are old Millie."

Millie looked at her phone again. "What a fuckboy. I bet that girl is a fan," she sighed. "He was probably just trying to sleep with me." She sent the link to the article to Finn on Instagram before blocking his account. "Fuck him."

Lilia wrapped her arms around her friend. "Want another mimosa?" she offered.

Millie nodded a little, leaning into Lilia. She closed her eyes, the image she had seen stuck in her head. Boys were dumb; that's something Millie had begun to realize and Finn was no exception of that. "Fuck him."