XIV • Sunshine

Comment and Vote ❤️
1450 words

§

"Can you sing princess?" Finn asked as he drove, glancing at the girl next to him.

"Sing?" Millie said, the wind blowing her dark hair back.

"Yeah, sing," he replied. "Y'know, using words to make a tune or harmony?"

"I know what the word means, Wolfhard," she sighed."Yeah, I think I can sing. I don't think I'm very good though."

Finn rolled his eyes. "Bullshit; you've got a pretty voice so you can sing well."

"Just because I may have a 'pretty voice' like you said, doesn't make me a good singer, Finn."

"Well it kind of does, sweetheart." He smiled. "Come on, sing something for me."

"I don't want to."

"Please princess?" He pouted playfully.

She hesitated for a moment before nodding. "Okay okay, I'll sing." She thought for a moment before singing a few lines from the song Stereo Hearts. As she finished singing, she looked over at Finn who had slightly wide eyes and an awe expression on his face.

"You are amazing, baby." Finn grinned, glancing over at Millie.

"You really think so?"

"Um, yes!" He laughed lightly. "You are honestly amazing."

She smiled softly, "That actually mean a lot coming from someone like you."

"Someone like me?"

"Yeah," she replied. "You're a famous singer so you telling me that I'm a good singer does mean a lot."

"I'm still human, darling," Finn said softly. "But I did mean it. You're amazing." He meant that in more than one way.

The sun was bright above them and the sky was as blue as the ocean. Millie leant back in her seat and turned up the radio, humming along to the song that was playing. Finn glanced over at her and began to sing the song, Millie soon joining him and their voices harmonized perfectly.

Finn soon parked on the side of the road and got out. "Come on princess."

Millie got out of the car and looked around, a smile forming on her lips as she looked up at the Hollywood sign. Finn walked to her side and smiled, following her gaze up to the sign in the distance. "I've never seen it in person before."

"Well now you have, baby," Finn smiled. "Want to go look around the rest of Hollywood?"

Millie nodded excitedly, making him grin. He smiled and began to lead her down the sidewalk, pointing out to sites and stores. Finn showed her the Walk of Fame, pointing out to familiar names on the sidewalk. She smiled and continued to walk, taking a few pictures of sites as they went. He led her to a Starbucks Cafe and Millie ordered herself her coffee, Finn gladly paying for both their orders.

They walked down the street together while Millie window-shopped, her eyes lighting up at a dark jacket in the windows. Finn smiled and suddenly said, "Here princess. Go for it." He pulled out a couple $100 bills and placed them in Millie's hand.

"No Finn I can't," she insisted, pushing the money back to him. "It's too much."

"Okay," he said simply, leaving Millie with a single bill. He shrugged a shoulder. "Go buy the jacket. Its not a big deal baby."

"You sure? I don't want to take advantage of you."

Well that was something new to Finn. Deep down, he couldn't help but really appreciate her words. He nodded. "Go buy it."

Millie nodded and slipped into the store, purchasing the jacket she had wanted. Millie made her way back outside and to Finn's side, the shopping bag in one hand and the change for the $100 bill in the other. She placed the change in his jacket pocket and continued to walk, Finn close behind her.

"Where should we go?" Millie asked, looking back at Finn.

He shrugged. "We can go wherever you'd like to go. You're in charge and I'm your tour guide."

She thought for a minute. "Why don't you take me to the prettiest site in Hollywood."

Finn smiled. "I think I can do that for you sweetheart. You're not scared of heights are you?"

Millie shook her head and looked at him curiously. He shrugged a shoulder. "Its a bit of a drive but I think you'll like it. It's an amazing site."

She nodded and made her way to the car, climbing in and placing her bag in the backseat. He soon joined her, revving the engine and driving down the road again. She pressed a button, letting the roof of the convertible come down. She giggled softly as her hair was blown back by the wind. Finn glanced over at her smiling and a smile instantly formed on his face.

He soon began driving up a steep, dirt road, the area around them surrounded by trees. "Uh, Finn? Where are we going?" she asked, glancing outside.

"To the prettiest view in Hollywood," he said, looking over at her. "Trust me baby."

Days ago, Millie wouldn't have nodded her head like she had just done. She wouldn't have trusted him, but now, she did.

Finn smiled and continued to drive, watching happily as the girl next to him began to relax into her seat. He parked the car and climbed out, making his way to her side and opening her door; Millie found that to be a sweet and kind gesture from him.

He gently took her hand and led her up to the top of the hill, "Welcome to the best view in Hollywood: the view from the Hollywood sign."

Millie grinned and looked down at the area below them. She looked over at Finn and continued to smile, never experiencing something like this before. And she definitely loved it.

Millie's happy smile made Finn's stomach turn slightly in a way that was unusual. Feelings. He shook his head, glancing at the smile on her face then back at the view over the cliff. He loved being with her but was scared of dragging her along or hurting her, the thought of losing someone who finally understood him hard.

"It's beautiful," she sighed, looking over at him. "Thank you."

"No need to thank me princess," he replied, taking a seat on the grass. "But it really is amazing. Its a priceless view."

Millie took a seat next to him, nodding in agreement. She moved closer to him and gently rested her head on his shoulder. "Is this okay?"

He nodded and smiled."Of course baby."

"I'm serious, thanks for bringing me here," Millie said softly, looking up at him. "I've always wanted to spend time here but never had the chance."

He grinned, taking notice in the sweet, flowery scent that lingered around her. "No need to thank me. I wanted to bring you here."

She smiled and let her eyes fall closed for a moment, her body relaxing a little into his touch. Maybe Millie had been wrong about him; he didn't seem so arrogant and stuck up as she had assumed. Maybe Finn had been wrong about her too; she didn't seem so fiery and bitchy as he had originally thought. But they had just met when those assumptions were in play.

Now, they had begun to see each other in a new light, as the people they never really got to be in public.

'There's something about the sunshine baby, I'm seeing you in a whole new light'

§

That was a long chapter lol. The next chapter is going to focus on two other character that might play a bigger part in this story as it goes and will have a break-off storyline that I wont get into very much; this book is staying focused on Fillie. But these two will be centred next chapter and their storyline will kind of linger behind this one.