IV • Songs & Saviours

Comment and Vote
730 words

§

When Millie finally gained conciousness, she found herself laying in a bed with a dark hoodie slipped over her dress. She blinked and slowly managed to sit up, pressing a hand to the forming bump on her head. Millie let out a sigh and glanced around at the room she was in, taking a moment to notice the faint smell of cologne that lingered on the hoodie which hung loosely around her frame.

"Hello?" She called, her voice slightly raspy. She glanced around the room once more, her eyes landing on the bottle of water that had been placed on the nightstand for her.

Scrawled across the bottle in neat writing were the words "Finn Water"; an inside joke is what she assumed. She opened the bottle and held it to her lips and quickly drank it down; the cool liquid soothing her throat and giving her a moment of clarity.

Her eyes landed on the bedroom window, hearing the soft, yet familiar sound of a guitar playing outside. Millie slowly managed to stand, picking up her sneakers from the foot of the bed. She made her way down the hall, her jaw dropping in amazement at the size of the house she was in. The girl pushed open two doors and stepped out onto a balcony, looking down at the group of people who stood on the concrete below her.

Millie's eyes landed on a guy who sat near the backyard pool on a stool, strumming the guitar in his hand. She immediately reconized the voice as Finn Wolfhard's. Her mind was still slightly foggy, and she couldn't exactly remember how she ended up at this house.

"I'm no superman, I can't take your hand and fly you anywhere you want to go. I can't read your mind, like a billboard sign. And tell you everything, you want to hear, but I'll be your hero."

Millie placed her hands on the railing, managing to stay in the shadows, watching and listening to Finn sing. She felt herself almost being mezmerized by his voice and the soft sounds on his guitar.

"I can be everything you need, if you're the one for me, like gravity, I'll be unstoppable. I believe in destiny, I may be an ordinary guy with heart and soul. But if you're the one for me, then I'll be your hero." Finn sang, locking eyes with the crowd for a moment, briefly glancing up at the balcony.

Millie quickly slipped back into the shadows, thinking she was hidden from Finn's view. She couldn't help but smile softly, not noticing herself swaying ever so slightly to the song.

"Oh I'll be your hero." Finn glanced up at the balcony, managing to catch the girl who slid back into the shadows quickly. He grinned up in her direction and continued to sing, "I'll be your hero. So incredible, some kind of miracle, and when it's meant to be. I'll become a hero. So I'll wait, wait, wait, wait for you."

Millie hid in the shadows, watching him sing the song, unknowingly enjoying his music. She rubbed her eyes, her mind still a little foggy, but she was still trying to remember how she ended up tucked in Finn Wolfhard's bed, wearing one of his hoodies.

"Yeah, I'll be your hero. Cause I, I can be everything you need, you need. If you're the one for me, like gravity, I'll be unstoppable. I believe in destiny, I may be an ordinary guy with heart and soul. But if you're the one for me, then I'll be your hero."

Millie nearly giggled at the lyrics, "I'm pretty sure you're not ordinary," she mumbled to herself, before walking to the balcony doors.

"Yeah, I'll be your hero." Finn looked up at the balcony as he finished his song, managing to catch the balcony doors closing quickly.

Once the applause died down, he turned to his father, "Hey dad I'm going to go inside. Not in the mood to party right now." He ran a hand through his curls and made his way inside the house and up the stairs to his room.

He opened the door and stepped inside, his eyes landing on the girl who sat curled up on his bed, his hoodie wrapped around her body and a bottle of "Finn Water" in her hand.