XVI • Texts & Talks

Comment and vote ❤️
950 words

§

"So, are you not going to tell me?" Lilia asked, laying down on her bed and looking at the other girl.

Millie joined her, laying on her stomach next to the blonde. "Tell you about what?" She tucked a strand of her dark hair back, setting her phone on the nightstand.

"About how you just got out of the Finn Wolfhard's car?" Lilia squealed, smiling at her best friend happily. "Sadie would die if she knew."

"I don't exactly want her to know at the moment." Millie laughed softly, "Okay okay." She closed her eyes and began to recap the story, "So when we went to that nightclub, I went looking for you guys. He opened a door and hit me with it. I woke up at his house where he drove me home. Then uh, he offered to take me site seeing as an apology for... hitting me with the door. That's all."

She purposely left out many details, including the ones about the alcohol, sneaking out with him and the deep, surprisingly meaningful conservations she had been having with Finn. She wouldn't lie to herself, she enjoyed talking and being with him; in which way she meant that, she didn't really know. She considered Finn her friend, but he made her happy and gave her a sense of freedom that she enjoyed too much.

"That sounds like something out of a book or a movie Mills." Lilia giggled, smiling at the girl next to her as strands of her blonde hair fell into her eyes.

Millie reached over and brushed Lilia's hair back. "I know it does," she replied, smiling back at the blonde as her phone dinged.

____________________

Instagram: New message from finnwolfhardoffical: Hey baby, need a little favor 4 Noah. Mind helping me?

____________________

Millie picked up her phone, a soft smile forming on her lips. "Looks like your boyfriend is interested in you Lils."

Lilia blushed. "Noah is not my boyfriend. What about you, Mrs. Wolfhard? When's the wedding?"

Millie laughed, a smile on her lips that hadn't seemed to have left. "Oh shut up babe."

____________________

milliebobbybrown: What can I help you with?

finnwolfhardofficial: that blonde Noah was talking 2 earlier, her IG? Noah wants it

milliebobbybrown: First, her name is Lilia Buckingham. Second, her Instagram is @lilia. Third, speak proper English or I'll ignore you

finnwolfhardofficial: like u would b able to ignore me

____________________

Millie set her phone down, waiting for Finn to spam her.

"Is Finn texting you?" Lilia asked, glancing over at Millie.

"Yeah he is," she replied, looking at the blonde. "Noah wanted your Instagram."

"Seriously?" Lilia squealed and grinned. "Oh my god; best day ever!"

Millie laughed and looked at her screen as Finn texted.

____________________

finnwolfhardofficial: baby girl ur actually gonna ignore me? Ouch

finnwolfhardofficial: baby? Come on

finnwolfhardofficial: princeeeesss I'm sorrrryyyy :( forgive me angel???

milliebobbybrown: okay I forgive you, but speak English please and thank you

finnwolfhardofficial: yes she speaks!!! :) Thanks for breaking that awful silence, it was killing me. I'll see you soon

milliebobbybrown: lol bye Finnie

____________________

Millie looked over at Lilia who had a wide, almost knowing smile on her lips. "Do you like him?"

"Who? Finn?" Millie scoffed, raising an eyebrow. "Of course not. Why would I?"

"Because you were smiling the whole time while texting him Mills."

"So am I not allowed to smile Lils? Is there a new law on being happy or smiling?" Millie laughed softly. "I don't have a crush or feelings or like Finn like that."

"You seem pretty defensive Mills and you're still smiling while we talk about him..." Lilia trailed off, only to be smacked with a pillow in Millie's hand.

§ § §

"You seem oddly happy right now," Noah commented, sitting down next to Finn on the couch.

"Am I not allowed to be happy, Schnapp?" Finn said playfully, slipping his phone into his jacket pocket. "Is there a law or something?"

"It's that girl again, isn't it? Her name is Millie, right?"

Finn nodded. "Yeah that's her name." He smiled softly, looking up at the ceiling and closing his eyes for a moment.

"Do you like her?"

He turned his head to look over at Noah. "As in, like, having feelings for her in more ways than a friend?"

"No shit Wolfhard."

"Of course I don't." Finn laughed a little. "She's a friend, nothing more."

"So you're not even considering breaking your little "No Falling in love Rule" at the moment?" Noah asked suspiciously, a light smile on his face.

"Nope, not at all," Finn sighed, running a hand through his curls. "Look, even if I liked her or some other girl, I wouldn't act on it. You know I got that rule for a reason because-"

"You leave for filming so often, I know Finn," Noah finished.

"Exactly. So a girl doesn't deserve that; not a long distance relationship where I'm barely around. It's a good thing I don't like her." Finn sighed, feeling a strange pull in his chest as he spoke the last few words.

"Good values, I won't lie about that." Noah grinned, pulling out his phone and following Lilia on Instagram. "And unlike you, I'm actually going to act on my feelings." He grinned, beginning to text the blonde.

"I don't exactly have those kinds of feelings for this girl, so I can't really do that, dumbass." And yet again, Finn felt the strange pull in his chest as he spoke.

§

Ooooh thoughts? I finally updated! Hope you enjoyed :)