XXXII • Holy Shit

Comment and Vote

1100 words

§

Millie made her way to the backyard, a towel thrown over her shoulder and a pair of sunglasses resting on the bridge of her nose. The sun was beaming down harshly and Millie's mind was a tangled mess of thoughts. After her conversation with Lilia, Millie had begged for her to keep her company. So Lilia had suggested a pool day in Millie's backyard.

"You have to let me borrow that bikini," Lilia said, setting her things by the pool. "It's gorgeous."

"Why thank you," she replied. Millie slipped into the pool, the cool water forcing a shiver up her spine. "I'm not ready for spring break to be over."

"Me neither." Lilia followed her, leaning back against the wall. "Anything from lover boy?"

"Oh stop calling him that." Millie splashed at Lilia. "No nicknames."

"Well you don't seem to mind when Finn calls you nicknames," Lilia replied, a light smirk on her lips. "Has he ever called you by your first name?"

Millie went quiet a minute, a light blush on her cheekbones. "Oh shut up." She splashed her own face with the cool water.

Lilia laughed, splashing Millie and disappearing underwater. Millie sighed and leaned against the pool wall. Cupping water into her hands, she let the water spill over her hair, the coldness giving her a moment of clarity. Finn hadn't called her or even attempted to contact her after the kiss, and that worried her. Maybe she had been right and he was like all the other guys that came though her life. Maybe it was all a game.

"Millie? You okay?" Lilia asked, sliding her fingers through her blonde, damp hair and slicking it back. "You look lost."

"Just thinking," Millie replied quietly.

"About him?"

Millie nodded sightly. "I don't like this."

Lilia nodded, wrapped her arms around Millie's waist. "I have an idea. Let's take some pictures of you and post them; that'll give him a reason to think about you. I mean, he probably is already."

"We can take pictures." Millie smiled at the blonde. "And I doubt he's thinking about me Lils."

"You made out with him in the back seat of his car Millie. That's kind of a big deal!"

Millie gasped, crossing her arms. "I did not make out with him, Lilia. Get your mind out of the gutter."

"Liar, liar, liar." Lilia laughed, hugging Millie close. Millie pouted and rested her head on Lilia's shoulder. "You okay Mills?"

"Holy shit, I'm so confused," she mumbled, closing her eyes and relaxing into Lilia's embrace. "I don't like being like this."

"Don't stress over it. Do you want to date him?"

Millie pulled away and walked further into the water. "I don't know. I don't know if I could even date him. He's a fucking celebrity... Do I even want to put myself through that?"

"Let's just take some photos. I'll make mimosas with alcohol in them," Lilia offered.

"With alcohol? Who are you and since when do you drink alcohol, let alone champagne?" Millie looked at Lilia curiously.

"I tried it once. Noah gave me his drink one time." Lilia climbed out of the pool, wrapping a towel around herself and going inside.

Millie reached for her phone, sitting in the shallow water. Opening Instagram, she clicked on Finn's account and looked at his posts. She sighed and set her phone down, running her hands through her hair as Lilia called for Millie with their drinks.

§ § §

"Finn!"

"What?

Jack took a seat next to Finn. "Jeez, who pissed you off this morning?"

Finn sighed and set his script down. "No one did. I just got to memorize this."

"When does filming start?"

"A few weeks," Finn replied. "I've barely memorized anything and I'm playing one of the main characters. The ending of this movie sucks though."

Jack shrugged, flipping through the script. "Yeah you're right. This sucks." He looked up at Finn. "Where are you going?"

"Ireland for about three months. I won't be back until June." Finn sighed and took the script back. For the first time since his career had begun, Finn wasn't ready to leave. He had Millie here, and leaving her for months made his heart ache. "I don't know if I want to film this movie though."

"What do you mean Finn?"

"I don't know... I just don't want to leave." Finn put the script away, running his hand roughly through his hair. "It feels different this time."

"Yeah because you have a hot girl here, idiot," Jack muttered, playfully pushing Finn's arm. "So how are things with her?"

"Fine," he replied, turning his head away. His cheeks began to burn at the thought of Millie's lips and the kisses they shared in the backseat of his car. His mind couldn't seem to calm since that night. His thoughts were a tangled knot, pulling at either end never seemed to fix a thing.

"Only fine?" Jack teased, a knowing grin on his face. "Oh come on, tell me. You fuck her yet?"

"Of course not." Finn rolled his eyes, giving Jack a look. "That's not something you're just supposed to ask Grazer."

"You must've thought about it at least once," Jack argued. "She must be hot. Noah told me you saw her at the beach; she must've looked pretty damn fine in that bikini."

"Oh shut up."

Finn stood up from the couch, retrieving his bottle of water from the table. His heart began to race as old memories flooded his mind. His quickly drank the water down, his face burning red. He could even feel his ears burning with embarrassment, keeping his back turned until the red tones in his face faded away.

Jack had gone silent, which was unusual but Finn found it odd. Finn turned, watching Jack carefully. "Jack?"

He jumped slightly and looked up from his phone. "Yeah?"

"Is everything okay?"

Jack nodded slowly. "You might want to see this Finn."

Finn frowned and sat on the couch, looking at the phone screen. "Holy shit." He read the article headline on the screen. "You have to be fucking kidding me."

"I just saw it right now." Jack sighed. "What really happened that night Finn?"

Finn groaned and rubbed his temples. "I need those pictures deleted, now. And it's a long fucking story."

§

Well, drama time.