XXXI • Love Spells

Before anyone gets the wrong idea, they did not have sex lmao. I know someone is going to get the wrong idea so I should verify.

§

Comment and vote ❤

1300 words

§

"Finn?"

"Yes baby?"

Millie turned her head up to look at him from where they laid in the back seat of his car. Her head laid on his chest gently, Finn's arms around her securely. Millie wore Finn's soft jacket, her whole body relaxed and sleepy in his comforting embrace.

"Why did you kiss me?" she asked softly, searching through his eyes for answers.

"It felt like the right thing to do." Finn touched her cheek gently, tracing along her cheekbone. "I wanted to kiss you for so long." He sighed breaking away from her gaze, a grin breaking out onto his face. His lips tingled from her soft kisses, his racing heartbeat still calming down.

"It felt nice," she admitted, a light blush covering her cheeks.

Finn softly pressed his lips against hers once more. "If I could kiss you all night, I would," he mumbled, dragging his fingertips down her arm. 

Millie smiled softly, making herself comfortable on his chest again. Closing her eyes, she let herself relax as the sleepiness overcame her again. Finn smiled down at her, running his fingers through her hair. He gently kissed her forehead, watching as Millie was lulled into a peaceful sleep.

Finn slowly picked her up, setting her in the passenger's seat and securing her in place with the seat belt. Starting the car, he turned to look at her. A smile formed on his face at her adorable sleeping form as he leaned over to gently kiss her forehead. A small smile tugged at Millie's lips while she shifted to lean her head against the car door.

He made sure to drive slowly, constantly glancing at the sleeping girl in the leather seat next to him. He parked the car at the side of the road, sighing as he looked up at the house. "Well fuck," he muttered, wanting to get Millie inside without waking her. 

He hesitated a moment before reaching for Millie's purse. Rummaging through purse and avoiding the tampons and lipstick, he pulled out a set of keys. He made his way to the other side of his car, opening the car door and carefully picking up the sleeping girl and carrying her to the front door. Looking through the multiple keys, he slowly unlocked the front door and slipped inside.

Fortunately, the house was completely dark and silent as everyone seemed to be asleep. Finn carried her to her bedroom, shutting the door behind him and sighing in relief. He looked down at Millie before slowly laying her on the bed. Removing her shoes, he looked at her red dress. Sighing, he reached for a hoodie and shorts from Millie's dresser, grinning in realization that she had worn his hoodie to sleep.

He slowly removed her dress, his cheeks flushing red. He looked at her a moment before jumping slightly. "Don't stare. You don't need 'perv' on your record." He shook his head, sliding the hoodie onto her sleeping form and hurriedly sliding on the shorts. 

Finn looked through the bottles of products that laid on the dresser before finding a bottle of makeup remover. Knowing how horrible it felt to sleep in makeup, he poured the product onto a cotton pad. Finn gently wiped the pad across her skin, tucking her soft hair back from her face.

Millie turned over, curling into herself as she made herself comfortable. Finn couldn't help but smile and gently kiss her forehead. He placed the blankets over the sleeping girl, gently touching her cheek. "Sweet dreams baby." He reached for a a pen, quickly writing a note before disappearing through the bedroom window. 

§ § §

Millie blinked, rubbing her eyes and glancing around at her surroundings. She found herself curled up in her bed, wearing a familiar hoodie and shorts. Her cheeks began to burn red, realizing she had never changed her clothing last night. She didn't even remember coming home.

A note had been left on her nightstand in familiar messy writing.

_____________________________________

You fell asleep in my car and didn't want to wake you. I also changed you out of the dress, sorry about that. I promised I didn't look, but it was hard. You're just really pretty. Anyways, I had fun last night and I'll text you later baby. Love, Finn

_____________________________________

Millie groaned, her cheeks a brighter shade of red in realization. "Oh my god." Sitting up, she ran her fingers through her hair. She buried her head in her hands. "Holy shit." She touched her lips, her heart beginning to race at the memories of the night before. She thought about his soft kisses and his warm embrace that must have lulled her to sleep.

She glanced at the open window, a light breeze filling the room. Glancing at her nightstand, she noticed the bottle of makeup remover and the makeup covered cotton pad that laid there. Her dress laid folded on the end of the bed, her shoes placed on the floor by the open window. A soft smile formed on her lips at the sweet gestures, before her mind snapped back to reality. 

"I kissed Finn," she whispered. A whirlwind of emotions shot through her, a mixture of shock, happiness and stress hitting her mind. Shaking her head, she reached for her cellphone and immediately dialed for Lilia. "Lils!"

Lilia groaned. "Yes, Miss Cheerful?" Her voice was laced with sleep as she spoke.

"I kissed Finn," Millie blurted out, covering her mouth.

"What?" Lilia sounded much more awake. "I can't believe you kissed... Did you like it?"

Millie thought a moment. Her heart raced at the thought of his lips against hers, remembering his gently touch and soft voice as his lips had collided with hers. "I think so. Should I be scared?"

Lilia squealed. "I knew you lied. I knew you liked him!" She laughed. "Now what?"

"I don't know," Millie admitted after a moment of hesitation, running her fingers over the fabric of the hoodie she wore. "I have no clue." A shock of nervousness rushed through her, a mixture of good and bad butterflies hitting her stomach.

§ § §

Finn barely slept that night, a million emotions and thoughts running through him. Some of the thoughts were fear, though many where happiness and some form of attraction. He laid in bed the following morning, re-imagining the events of the night before. He thought about Millie's soft lips and how she had whispered his name. He remembered how close she had been and how adorable she had looked curled up in his hoodie.

A grin had remained plastered across his face since he had laid in bed that night, Millie being the only thing on his mind. "Holy shit." He laughed, running his fingers through his messy hair. A smile of pure happiness rested on his lips. 

His smile faltered as panic shot through him like a lightning bolt. He was catching feelings, the one thing he had sworn he would never do. It scared him, worried him, even. His attempts to push Millie away had failed and he knew deep down that he was fucked. He knew it, but was hopeless. He slowly touched his lips, beginning to replay the events of the night before in his head again to replace his frown with a smile.

§

So this chapter was supposed to take a totally different turn but I decided not to, only because I want to extend the story more since I dont have any ideas for new books yet.