XXII • Dancing in the Dark

Comment and Vote ❤️

1250 words

§

"Um, thanks for catching me," Millie said softly, fully straightening. "Ot would have been kind of embarrassing if I fell on my face."

Finn chuckled softly, releasing his hold on her arms. "Don't worry about it baby girl, I would never have let you fallen." His eyes fell to her lips again for a brief moment before locking with her eyes again.

Millie couldn't help but bite her lip gently, finding herself getting lost in his dark eyes. With only a few inches of space between them, he could feel her shallow breathes gently touching his skin, nearly becoming intoxicated in the scent of her sweet perfume.

Finn really couldn't help it, no matter how hard he tried. He kept trying to push himself away from her, not calling or texting and pushing the thought of her out of his mind. But somehow, someway, she always returned to his thoughts. And he hated it.

"There you are Mills," Lilia sighed, walking to her side. "We thought we lost you in the crowd. Oh, hi Finn."

"Oh my god!" Sadie squealed. "Y-you're-"

"I'm Finn," he said, looking at Millie. "And you," he grinned a little forcefully, "must be Sadie."

She squealed. "Hi!" She looked at Millie with a grin plastered on her face, mouthing the words 'oh my god' multiple times.

"Finn," Millie said, tucking her hair back, "why don't you go show Sadie around backstage for me?"

"For you? Sure," he said, no hesitation in his voice. Finn had quite a hard time saying no to Millie. Sadie grinned and ran backstage, Finn following after.

While Sadie wandered around backstage, Finn watched Millie from around the curtains. He watched her lips when she spoke and her dark eyes that the bright stage lights were reflecting off of. He watched the way she tucked a loose strand of her multi-toned hair behind her ear every few minutes and the way her mouth turned into a smile, making his heart skip a beat.

Finn was watching Millie, the real Millie.

Finn jumped out of his daze as someone tapped on his shoulder. He turned to see Ayla. "So, that's the girl, huh?"

"What?"

"That's the girl you're crushing on?" she asked with a coy smile crossing her lips. She followed his gaze to Millie who stood near the stairs, talking with Lilia.

"I'm not crushing on her." Finn laughed slightly. "She's just a friend Ayla."

"I can see right through you Finnie, don't lie to me." She smirked. "You look at her like you're in a trance and you're staring at her as we speak." She snapped her fingers in front of his face, making him jump back to reality.

Finn sighed, looking down and going quiet for a moment. "Yeah," he said simply, "I'm screwed."

"Not necessarily," Ayla replied before grinning. "Aw you're all grown up!" She stood on her toes to ruffle his hair.

"Oh cut it out," he groaned, running a hand through his curls. "You done teasing me?"

Ayla laughed. "Of course not Wolfhard. But I reccomend you go talk to her, I'll deal with the redhead." She gently pushed him towards the stairs and toward Millie who now stood alone by the stairs, Noah clearly have taken Lilia somewhere.

Finn made his way over to her, a grin forming on his face. "What's a pretty girl like you doing standing all alone here?"

"I'm waiting for a guy to take me to get a drink," she replied smoothly, giggling softly after her words.

"May I?" he asked, holding out his hand to her. Millie nodded and took his hand, letting him lead her to the bar. He ordered them drinks, handing one to her. "Did you like the show?"

"Yeah it was good." Millie smiled, sipping her drink. "But you seemed distracted."

"Well I couldn't help it. I had this stunning girl with this pretty smile watching me." Finn shrugged, grinning and leaving back against the bar.

His words made Millie's heart skip a beat. "Who's the girl?" she asked playfully, slowly shifting to stand a little closer to him.

Finn smiled. "You know who she is." He ran a hand through his curls. "But in case you're still confused," he looked out at the crowd of people, "she's this gorgeous girl with dark hair and these eyes that are like diamonds. She's got this smile that can light up a room, too."

She looked up at him. "Are you flirting with me Finn?" Her eyes locked with us for a moment, waiting for his next words. But the words never came.

"Hey!" Noah grinned, walking over to them with Lilia by his side. "Stop standing on the sidelines like losers and come dance."

Lilia simply took Millie's and Finn's hands, pulling them onto the dance floor, a grin plastered on her face. "Now that's much better."

Noah looked at Finn and mouthed the words 'Kiss her!'. He gestured to Millie and nodded.

Finn's eyes widened as he mouthed back, 'Are you fucking insane or drunk!'

Noah simply shrugged and took Lilia's hand, disappearing with her further into the crowd and leaving Finn and Millie alone.

"Finn?" Millie asked, touching his arm and bringing him back to reality. "Dance with me?"

He grinned. "As you wish." He took her hand and began to dance with her, his hand slowly falling to her waist. This time, Millie accepted his hand at her waist, stepping closer and allowing for his arm to wrap around her.

Finn knew he was screwed. She felt so perfect in his arms and all he wanted was to take that one step closer. That one step would allow for him to gently touch her cheek, possibly pull her closer and softly kiss her lips.

But he couldn't.

Millie felt too comfortable in his arms. His arm around her waist felt too right. The soft smile on her lips never faded as she looked into his dark eyes. With only a few inches between them, she could only think about how it would feel to have both his arms around her waist and to be pulled against him, close enough to smell his cologne that she had become obsessed with.

"Can we stay like this for a bit?" Millie asked, looking up at him, continuing to dance. "I-I mean, can we dance for a bit longer?"

Finn nodded slightly, gently tucking a strand of her hair back. "As you wish princess."

'So I guess I'm going down, like this'

§

Sorry I haven't been feeling good lately so here's your update. Hope you enjoyed