XXIV • Bad Advice

Comment and Vote ❤

1300 words

§

"So let me get the story straight here," Noah sighed, running a hand through his hair. "You almost kissed Millie?"

"Yes! How many fucking times do I have to explain it..." Finn groaned, letting himself fall back onto the couch, beginning to ramble. "She just looked so pretty in the moonlight and I was hugging her and she was messing with my hair and it just felt-"

"Perfect?"

"It felt like something straight out of a book or a movie; I just can't explain it." Finn closed his eyes.

The image of Millie from a few nights ago was imprinted in his head. He had thought about the events that occurred during his night the last few days, part of him still in complete shocked over what had almost happened. He had almost kissed Millie, the girl she had know about a month or two only.

Noah shrugged, taking a seat next to Finn. "Well welcome to the world of feelings." He grinned, playfully pushing Finn's arm. "Whatever you do, don't tell or ask Jaeden or Jack for advice. They give shit advice."

"Advice on what?" Jaeden asked, closing the front door, Jack standing at his side.

"Well shit," Noah muttered. "Welcome uninvited people."

"Is he talking about that girl, Mya, Mary, Max, whatever?" Jack asked, smacking Noah with a pillow from the couch.

"First, her name is Millie; get your facts straight," Finn said, a hint of annoyance lingering in his voice. "And second, I don't want any advice, especially from you two"

"Well you're probably going to get advice. A certain girl you know well, AKA Miss Ayla, may have told us." Jaeden grinned. "Aw, is Finnie in love?"

"I am not in love," Finn said as he hit Jaeden with another nearby pillow. "I won't hesitate to kick you out."

"It's not your house, it's Schnapple's." Jack replied, throwing the pillow back at Finn. "Only Noah Schnapple has the ability to kick someone's ass onto the lawn."

"Okay first, never call me Noah Schnapple or Schnapple ever again or you'll end up somewhere other than my front lawn. Second," Noah snatched the pillow from Finn, "would you stop abusing my fucking pillows? They haven't done shit to you!" That sent everyone into a fit of laughter.

"Seriously though, I need an update on the latest Finn-love-life drama." Jack sat on the couch, reaching over to ruffle Finn's hair but proceeding to have his hand sharply smacked away.

Before Finn could open his mouth, Noah proceeded to fill in any blanks, including the almost-kiss that made Finn bury his head in his hands in both annoyance and embarrassment. He punched Noah in the arm quite hard. "I hate all three of you sometimes," Finn groaned, praying that his cheeks weren't turning red.

"You love us Finnie." Jack smirked, then shrugged. "Not as much as you love Millie though."

If looks could kill, Jack Grazer would be dead on Noah's living room floor, his cause of death being the cold look Finn had given him. Finn raised his middle fingering, flipping off Jack then proceeding to smack him. Finn almost wished he hadn't told anyone about his friendship with Millie, except for Noah that is. Everything may have been simple, he thought.

Jaeden laughed. "I think the best thing to do is ignore her for a few days and let her chase after you like all the other girls do."

Finn sighed, running a hand through his curls. "Here's the thing: she's not like any other girl. She's got confidence and a fiery personality and enjoys little things, like looking at stars and talking."

Jack made a confused face. "God, she sounds boring. She sounds like a Plain Jane." Noah punched Jack's shoulder, shooting him a 'You-Better-Shut-Up' look.

"She's different and unique, and definitely nothing like the girls you hookup with on Fridays," Finn replied, leaning back in his seat and a small smile crossing his lips at the thought of a certain girl. Millie held a special place in his heart that Finn had started to notice the night he punched Romeo Beckham for trying to take advantage of Millie. He made her happy and wanted nothing bad to ever happen to her.

"That's Jack, not me or Jaeden." Noah laughed, taking a seat next to Finn and ruffling his friend's hair."Jack is the only one not in a semi-committed relationship."

Finn asked, "What happened to Emmy, Jack?" He stood up, making his way to the kitchen and grabbing a drink, glancing at the others over his shoulder.

Jack shrugged, stealing Finn's seat. "We've been friends since our childhood; she doesn't want to 'ruin our friendship', whatever that means." Finn returned to the living room, shoving Jack off the couch and reclaiming his seat again, not even batting an eye at Jack sprawled out on the floor.

"Okay, okay, back to talking about Finn's love life." Noah grinned, stifling a laugh at the sight of Jack. "You know what you're going to do Finn?"

"I have absolutely zero clue; I don't like feelings, I never have." Finn groaned, becoming silent for a moment before muttering to himself, "Stupid heart. Fucking feelings." No one seemed to hear his words, and he was glad no one did.

"I think Finn should just ignore her and let her chase him. Even if he claims she's 'different', she'll come to him and then you can elope," Jack offered, stealing Finn's drink and quickly placing it back on the table.

"That is the worst fucking advice I have ever heard," Noah scoffed, giving Jack and Jaeden a look. "No wonder neither of you can stay in stable relationships. You always lose your girls."

"No we don't; I've never lost any of my girls." Jack looked at Jaeden. "How do you even lose a woman?"

"You forget to cherish her, dumbass," Jaeden sighed, giving Jack a look. "Anyways, back to talking about Finn." (A.N: Suite Life of Zack and Cody, anyone?)

"Ignore the girl Finnie, and she'll chase you, simple," Jack said, looking at Jaeden for his opinion. "I need to start a dating advice blog."

Jaeden shrugged, slowly nodding in agreement with Jack. "It's worth a shot. Ignore her until she makes it clear she want you. That's the only way to figure how she really feels about you. And Jack, never start a blog, please."

"Exactly." Jack nodded, shrugging in reply to Jaeden. "If she wants you, you'll know. I mean, she did almost kiss you." Jaeden nodded in agreement.

Noah simply looked at Finn, quickly shaking his head. "Let's go play video games or something fun."

Jack jumped up. "Fuck yeah." He proceeded to set up the game console.

Finn looked over at his phone as a text popped up.

____________________

Instagram: New message from milliebobbybrown: Hey Finnie

____________________

Finn stared at the phone a moment, thinking over what to do. After hesitating a moment, he set his cell phone back on the counter and went to join his friends, not bothering to open Millie's text message. This plan was worth a shot, Finn figured, not realizing how horrible the advice had been.

§

So Jack and Jaeden gave Finn some shit advice lol, that'll be fun. Also, someone better understand by reference to Suite Life of Zack and Cody or I'll be pissed. Hope you enjoyed