VII • Late Night Talks & Vodka

Comment and Vote
1000 words

§

"What would you possibly want to know about me?" Millie asked, taking another sip from the glass bottle. "I'm boring."

"Oh I know," Finn stated, taking the bottle from her. "But sometimes its kind of nice just to hear boring things that are normal and regular; makes sense?"

"Yeah," she replied simply, "Well my name is Millie Bobby Brown and my life is boring as fuck." Finn grinned and placed that bottle back in her hands. "I'm serious, nothing really happens around here. My life is usually eat-sleep-die at school-repeat."

"Oh you poor thing," he grinned, finishing off the bottle of alcohol and placing it on the floor. "I assume a pretty girl like you has friends, right?"

"Yeah I have friends." She blinked and locked eyes with Finn. "Did you just say I'm pretty?"

"Yeah, you're pretty, really pretty."

Millie giggled, "You're drunk Wolfhard."

He shrugged. "Are you going to answer my question or not princess?"

"I have a few friends; Lilia, Sadie, Gaten and Caleb," Millie replied. "What about you?"

"Yeah I have friends," he said. "Noah, Malcom, Jack, Alya, Jaeden and his bitch Maddie."

"Is Maddie really that bad?" Millie giggled softly.

"Yes she is," Finn sighed. "She's more annoying than the fans. She's like a fuckboy in girl form."

"So she's a whore/slut?"

Finn nodded, "Sure that works. But I'd never say that to Jaeden, he's my friend so I can't. And I didn't know those words were in your vocabulary, baby girl."

"I have plenty of words in my vocabulary, Wolfhard," Millie giggled. "And I would think that a guy like you would love the fans and the attention." She smiled softly, taking a moment to glance at his features.

Finn sighed and ran a hand through his curls. "Don't get me wrong, I love the attention but it becomes too much sometimes. Sometimes I think it would be nice to just go out to Starbucks or to the movies without fans following me around."

"That's understandable," Mille replied honestly. "I mean you probably don't have much of a private life and the paparazzi follows you around all the time. It makes sense."

Finn looked at her almost in awe for a moment before saying softly. "Y'know, I think you're the first girl I've met who hasn't begged me for a picture or an autograph. You're different."

"I'm not a fan of you," she smiled. "And is being different a good thing?"

"It's a great thing; it's a good change from the usual fans showing up at my house or paparazzi taking photos while I'm trying to get McDonalds," Finn grinned."Tell me more."

"My life is boring. Nothing interesting happens around here. I've lived here most of my life and it never changes. It's the same old routine every day and I don't have anyone special in my life yet," Millie sighed and laid back on her bed, the buzz of the alcohol running through her system. "What about you?"

"I travel around a lot, for movies or gigs. Its always 'go go go' and it never seems to end. I technically live in Vancouver, Canada but I also have a house here because I end up in California so often." Finn shrugged. "I don't have anyone special because I leave so often and a girl doesn't deserve to be thrown around like that. So I don't commit to relationships."

"That's a good value and quite considerate of you," she smiled softly, running a hand through her dark hair. "I think I might be taking back what I said about you being arrogant and annoying..."

Finn smirked, "Really? Oh thank god she doesn't think I'm a brat!" He placed a hand to his chest and fell back onto her bed, grinning, his intoxicated side starting to show through.

"I never said you were a brat but I'm sure starting to think that you are one. And be quiet or I'll kick you and your bratty-ness out of my house."

They both fell into a moment of silence, each person tangled in a web of their thoughts. Had Millie been wrong about the superstar, or was he really as annoying and bratty as she had thought? The silence was calm and peaceful, not a drop of tension lingering in the air, surprising them both.

"Do you believe in soulmates, Miss Brown?" Finn asked, breaking the calm silence, looking up at Millie with his dark, messy curls falling into his eyes.

"Soulmates?" Millie thought for a moment. "I believe in the fact that people are meant for each other and that everyone is unique. And that if things are meant to happen, they will. Everything has a purpose."

"So you're saying that me showing up at your window in the middle of the night with alcohol has a purpose?"

Millie shrugged. "Possibly. But I don't believe in 'love at first sight'." She looked down at her lap. "Love isn't a game. It's a challenge that's hard to beat or a war that's hard to win."

Finn nodded slowly. "You, Miss Brown, are very down to earth." He sat up and leaned back against her headboard, his eyes locked with hers.

"Yeah I get that a lot." For a split second, Millie realized she had gotten lost in the moment of their words.

He had too, but he never noticed.

Her answer sent them both into a fit of giggles. "This is nice," Finn sighed, locking eyes with the girl next to him, an amused yet calm look setting over his features.

"What is?"

"Having a normal conversation with a normal girl who isn't a fan."