VI • 3:53am

Comment and Vote
1217 words

§

Tap

"Wake up princess." Tap

"For God's sake, wake up Sleeping Beauty!" Tap tap tap

Millie rubbed her eyes and sat up, taking a moment to grab her glasses from the nightstand and slip them onto the bridge of her nose. Her eyes darted around the room, trying to identify the voice that had called her name.

"Princess, look at the window before I fall to my death in your front yard," the voice sighed, sounding quite annoyed.

Her eyes landed on the window, an annoyed sigh escaping her lips, "Why the fuck are you at my window in the middle of the night Wolfhard?"

"I'll explain after you let me in," Finn whispered, "I don't want to fall to my death tonight. I still have a movie to film and hot girls to meet."

"Still as annoying and arrogant as always, huh Wolfhard?" She muttered, pushing back the covers and climbing out of her warm bed. Millie unlocked the window, pushing it open and allowing for the boy before her to climb through. A black bag was thrown over his shoulder as he stepped into her bedroom and a strange yet familiar, faint scent lingered around him.

"Of course," he grinned, pushing the hood of his hoodie off of his head. He turned and closed her bedroom window, taking a moment to look around her bedroom. "You have no posters of me? Ouch." He placed a hand to his chest over his heart, a pout on his lips.

"Oh I'm sorry, did I damage your ego?" Millie rolled her eyes, "I already told you this; I'm not a fan of you. I just know your name. Now why are you at my house at-" she glanced over at her clock, "-3:53am Finn?"

"Uh well, I kind of need a favour," he said, rubbing the back of his neck, taking a seat on the edge of her bed.

"What kind of favour?" She asked, eyeing him curiously, quickly glancing down at her tight shorts and low cut tank top she had worn to bed. The girl subconsciously tugged her shorts down slightly and pulled the hem of her tank top up over her chest more.

He smirked softly, noticing her actions. "So after I dropped you off, I went to my friend's place. His name is Noah Schnapp; you've probably heard of him."

"The only time I've ever heard of that guy's name is when my friend Lilia said it; same with you," Millie replied smoothly, an amused smile on her lips. "Anyways, continue."

"Ouch baby girl, don't go breaking my poor heart," he placed a hand over his heart. "I'm supposed to be the heartbreaker in California."

"Are you going to finish your story or not? And stop with the nicknames."

Finn sighed, "Anyways, I was on my way back from Noah's house when the paparazzi started following me. Like for fuck's sake, do those people not sleep?

"I don't think they do."

"So I couldn't go home without them following me so I came here," he ran a hand through his curls, "in hope that you would maybe let me stay here for a few hours?" He looked up at her pleadingly, an almost desperate look in his dark eyes.

Millie sighed and thought for a minute. "I'm not a bad person, so fine. You can stay here until sunrise."

"I never said you were a bad person, Miss Brown," he grinned. "Also, you stole my hoodie."

She walked over to her desk and grabbed the hoodie. "How do you know my last name?"

"Your last name is written on your mailbox, baby." He shook his head, "I never said I wanted the hoodie back. Keep it; I got like 20 more just like that one."

She nodded slowly, placing the article of clothing back on her desk. She paused, taking a moment to notice the familer scent that lingered in the air. "What's in the bag?" She asked, her eyes landing on the black bag at Finn's side.

"Just my stuff." He shrugged, placing the bag next to him. "Nothing special.

"That smell though..." She quickly grabbed the bag and opened it, noticing no panic or worry from him when she took the bag. She sighed and placed the glass bottles of alcohol on the floor. "Did you really just bring alcohol into my house?"

"Well I technically brought myself into your house and just happened to have the alcohol with me when I entered your house," He shrugged a shoulder, "I told you that I was at my friend's house tonight."

"That's why you smell like booze."

"Exactly baby girl." He grabbed a bottle from the floor and opened it, taking a sip. "Have you ever had alcohol before?"

"No of course not," she scoffed. "I'm underage, and so are you. You have to be over 21 to drink. And you are not drinking in my bedroom."

"Well I'm Canadian, sweetheart." He took another sip of the half full bottle in his hand. "You have to be over 18 to drink there. And I'm 18 so technically this is legal." He held the bottle out to her. "You want some?"

"What? No of course I don't was alcohol. I'm only 17," Millie rolled her eyes and sat on the bed, "and this isn't Canada; it's California."

She couldn't help it watch him drink, curious as to what it tasted like. She never had a chance to be reckless (except for sneaking into a nightclub with Sadie and Lilia) and a part of her was eager to do something fun and to flip her boring life for once. The scent of the alcohol alone was almost intoxicating to her, making her more curious to taste it than ever before.

"I want one sip." She heard herself say, her eyes meeting Finn's dark ones.

"Wow, the Princess wants to be bad, huh? Just don't get thrown in the dungeon in the morning." Finn sighed, not even realizing his concern of Millie getting in trouble. He placed the bottle in her hands and watched as Millie hesitantly brought it to her lips and took a sip, nearly gagging.

"That tastes so bad, holy shit." She wiped her lips and coughed. "How can you drink that stuff? It burns so bad."

Finn gave her a grin, "I know it does. But the buzz you get is amazing."

She felt herself bring the bottle to her lips again, taking a longer sip of the alcohol and feeling it burn her throat. Millie handed the bottle back to Finn, not noticing herself falling into the rhythm of them passing the glass bottle back and forth.

"Seems like the good girl has a little bad in her too, huh?" Finn smirked, laying back on Millie's bed. "So tell me about yourself cause' I'm not going to sleep."

§

Oh it looks like Finn is starting to turn Millie bad. Is that a good or bad thing? (Finn turning Millie bad is my "twist" on the story. Hint: remember my Playlist 😏😉)

The next chapter will show them connecting and talking more. You probably think this story is going quickly but it will probably start to slow down after a few more chapters.