Chapter 39-Apology, Sort Of?

***Disclaimer: I know nothing about therapy or writing about therapy, so if it's poorly done that's why.

Sarah woke to footsteps outside her doorway followed by a light knock and a soft voice asking, "Sarah?"

She groggily replied, "Yeah?"

The voice that she now recognized as Ivy's responded, "Can I come in?"

Sarah nodded, realized that was dumb and answered, "Yes."

When the door revealed to open Ivy. Suddenly Sarah's mind cleared and the events of yesterday came rushing back and she let her head fall into her hands.

Ivy barely entered the room and uncertainly continued, "My parents wanted me to get you, I know it's early, but the only appointment Mom could make was early this morning." A heavy pause. "Um, you should probably get ready and come eat something for breakfast. Mom wants to leave with you by 7." When Sarah still didn't respond Ivy whispered hesitantly, "Are you awake?"

Realizing she was supposed to respond Sarah stood and said, "Yeah, I'm up, sorry."

Ivy turned to go, and Sarah shut the door behind her, so she could change into new clothes. She had fallen asleep in the ones from yesterday. When she was dressed, Sarah made her way down the hall to the kitchen area where the Griffon's were already seated. Sarah glanced quickly at the clock on the stove, which read 6:13. Great, 47 minutes to eat breakfast. She guessed it was nice to give her this much time to get ready, but in reality, all she had to do was get dressed and eat something, but she didn't feel hungry, so that left just getting dressed.

Mr. Griffon glanced up when Sarah walked in and gestured to a glass of water with two pills next to it and a plate with two eggs on it. "You have to eat something before you can take your medicine, which you have to take twice a day."

Sarah sighed internally. Guess I have to eat now. She ate the eggs then swallowed the pills along with the water in a rather mechanical fashion, barely tasting the eggs.

Violet grabbed her own dishes and Sarah's, "I suppose it wouldn't hurt to get their early."

Sarah muttered a thanks when Violet took her dishes then left to go grab her shoes which were by the back door. As she returned, Violet was hugging Ivy good bye and Sarah felt a surge of jealousy rise. It was so unfair that they got to be a happy family... and not her. Sarah scolded herself. No, you messed up that's why your family is dead.

The griffon family remained blissfully unaware of Sarah's inner battle as Violet noticed Sarah, "I guess we'll be off then. I'll see you tonight, have a good day."

Sarah followed her out the door to the car where she hesitated before climbing in the passenger seat.

During the ride to the therapist, Sarah couldn't help but wonder, why had Violet offered to take a day off work to bring her to a therapist at 7 am. Surely, she could've gotten Mr. Griffon to do it especially after how horribly Sarah had treated Violet. She glanced over at Violet once or twice, she didn't know what she was looking for. She had never been good at treading people, and Violet seemed quite indifferent, or concentrated on the road, or it could be a front because Violet didn't want her to see what she was feeling. Maybe, she was... Sarah didn't know and that bugged her. She wanted to know even if it was out right hatred it would be better than not knowing.

When they finally arrived, Sarah followed Violet into a professional building that was part of a complex. Up a set of stairs and Violet was pushing open a door that read, Therapy for All.

Violet walked up to the receptionist, "We're here for Sarah's appointment."

The receptionist looked up but this time to Sarah, "What's your name?"