6. About Time

It's been three weeks since Annika started working again. Shivaay already appointed three assistants for her even after Annika's constant denial. She was managing both family and her work smoothly and he was proud about that but still he missed her,their evening coffee,their carefree talk time,their night bantering but he was not sad,he was not irritated,he knew her,he knew her workload,it will be difficult. Just one more week and her this work will be done and he was damn sure that she is going to get more offers and he is going to appoint more employees,he dont want to stress her out.

Their last phone conversation was four hours back. Annika always kept him updated and vice versa,but today it was hectic for her.

"She is not picking up the phone...Busy hoga...hope she has eaten something"

After one hour

"Hello....Shivaay ,am really sorry...did you have your lunch??. I was so busy couldnt even check the phone..."

"Annika??"

"Haa?"

"Have you eaten something??"

*silence*

"Annika??,why are you like this??why cant you take care of yourself"

"Shivaay,I am going to eat and your trust worthy employees are also here to check that but what about you??"

"I am also going to have my lunch"

"Shivaay am really sorry for not picking up the calls"

"Annika..I understand...after so long you are working again...tension hoga and I know how hectic it is,you go and have your food"

"Aap bhi"

"Dont stress too much ok,give some work to your employees too"

"How can I depend on them for all the work Shivaay,I should also have a check on everything"

"Annika, Today please come back soon,OK?"

"I will try Shivaay,I have a lot of work to do here but I will definitely try but If I am late promise me you won't wait for me and you will take your medicines and food"

"Ok,Mere jhansi ki rani"

9 pm

"Where is she.....Its already 9"

Shivaay tried calling her once , twice and the third call was picked up

"Hello ....Annika...kaha ho??I have been trying.................."

He was cut in between by the other side

"Hello..Sir,This is Meera,Annika maam's assistant,she is checking the decoration area. Should I give her the phone?"

"No,its ok,just tell her to call me back when she finishes her work"

"Ok,sir"

Clock ticked 10....11.....12....12.30

Shivaay was sad but not angry. He waited until the sleep took over unknowingly

Annika got back home

"Shivaay will kill me today,I didnt call him back,I didnt reach on time"

Annika came to their bedroom and expected a non ending lecture by Mr.Husband but what welcomed her was a sleeping figure of him. Annika approached him,covered him with the blanket,kissed his forehead.She turned to walk over to the cupboard to change,that's the time when she noticed a dinner table setup for two people,her eyes glistened.

"So this was the reason he told me to come soon,matlab he also didnt have his food and medicines too. I told him to not wait for me if I become late,Ziddi Singh Oberoi"  

She looked at him

"Should I wake him up??No...he must be tired,but what about his medicines?"

Annika was confused,sad,disappointed with herself and finally  concluded not to disturb him and will have a talk with him in the morning. She changed to her nightsuit got onto the bed and settled herself beside Shivaay and covered them with the duvet,she lied on his chest.

"Sorry Shivaay"

Then she kissed his forehead and dozed off to sleep.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I dont know how this chapter turned out to be. Started with something else in my mind but turned out to be something else. Hope its not a bad chapter. Suggestions are welcome.

Thank you for your suggestion @Shivikabest .

Happily Ever After √जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें