18. Tides & Vibes

They started off their journey at the earliest hour of the day. The usual kumbhkarn Annika was wide awake and was pestering Shivaay with the unending questions while he was driving.

"Shivaay atleast tell me now,where are we going??"

"We are almost there Annika, a little more patience won't harm"

The sun was not up until now. Finally they reached their destination. Shivaay parked the car. It was a beach resort in Mumbai itself. Handing over their luggage to the resort staff he pulled Annika and ran to the rocky side of the beach and settled themselves on a rock.

"Shivaay,what happened?? Is this your short honeymoon trip. Waking me up in the wee hour and making me sit here. Huh??"

Shivaay put his fingers on her lips

"Shh...Kitna bolti ho thum"

He then gestured her to look where his gaze is fixed. Annika obeyed and looked at the horizon. The cold wind was touching there skin. There she saw the most beautiful sight to start a day,the sunrise,liitle by little rising up from the edge of the sky and the deep sea. Sky was light painted with red as if the sky was on fire. She felt as if it wrapped away all her stresses.  The beach was very quiet,they both sat there witnessing the start of the day without having a talk,seagulls were peacefully chirping. As the tide hit on shore the spray of water splashed their skin. The salty air blowing their face felt wet and cool as it passed by. She never ever witnessed a sunrise or sunset in her life.Annika took a deep breath,inhaling the unique  smell of the sea,how fresh and special the smell was,it left her with a deep memory. The memory of which when she and Sahil used to visit beach between her tight schedules. She used to manage three jobs at a time,it was hectic but still she managed some time to take Sahil to his favourite place,beach. But they never witnessed a sunrise or sunset. Those tight schedules made her a kumbhkarn. Her eyes glistened not because of those memories or any kind of sadness but because of some special kind of euphoria. Witnessing the sunrise with your love beside,the perfect start for a day. She looked at Shivaay,he was also lost in the beautiful view. She slowly kept her head on his shoulder.

After having their perfect start of the day  they got back to their room in the resort. As soon as they entered the room Annika back hugged him

"So this was your surprise?"

"Kya hua achcha nahi laga?"

She turned him towards her "Nahi"  Shivaay's face fell. She pulled him towards him "Bahuth achcha laga"

Shivaay smiled "I know  this place is not far away from Oberoi Mansion,this was a sudden plan right.So we will go for a bigger trip next time" said Shivaay by pulling Annika by her waist

"Shivaay, I don't care if we go to those angrezi places. My happiness is with you,I love these small moments"

Shivaay nodded his head

"So what's the plan Mr.SSO?"

"Since it's a sudden trip no plan,just spending our time with each other,now first let's have our breakfast"

---------------

"Aaalo pooriii" Annika squeeled in delight as her favourite dish appeared in front

"Annika...calm down" Shivaay said while giving an awkward smile to the waiter

"Hmm...it's so good Shivaay" she moaned and said. Shivaay smiled at her antique

"But there is a problem Shivaay"

"Kyaa hua??Is it so chilly??" Shivaay panicked

"No,but it's not tasty as your Aalu puri"